cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disconnected and troubles reconnecting

AndrewL2023
Joining in

I’m really hoping someone can help me with an issue I’ve been having for 5 days now because I’m having so much trouble getting my account reconnected and customer service on the phone has been basically useless.

My Virgin Media account (TV and Wifi) have been disconnected. From calling customer service I have been told that it’s because the address on my account is 37C, but I live at 37B. Admittedly, I filled in the wrong address when I moved property 3 years ago. But I immediately realised my mistake and had it changed. All of my bills say 37B and I have had letters through the door to my correct address.

What’s happened is someone has now moved into 37C and attempted to set up a VM account. Rather than check with me first, Virgin have disconnected my account.

When talking on the phone to customer services asking to change this I’ve been met with various nonsense answers - all along the lines that it is not simple to change the address and re-activate my account. At one point I was told that I’d need to make a whole new account and even if I did that, I may not be able to get internet because the building was “at capacity for internet” - which is mad. I’ve had internet and TV here with VM for 3 years with no problems.

I honestly think that most of the time, the person I have been speaking to each time (I’ve called 5 times now) hasn’t even understood the issue. This was particularly clear with the first person I spoke to who hung up on me!

I was told at one point that it actually would be an easy fix and would only take a few hours. The employee even said they’d call me back with an update of the process. I did not receive a call and 24 hours later I still don’t have internet or TV. I’ve spoken to someone else today who said they would make a request to change the address and re-activate the account but it would take up to 48 hours. But honestly, I truly don’t believe that in 48 hours there will be any change.

This has come across as a rant now but it has been a very stressful few days trying to sort it and is only made worse by feeling like I am going round in circles, with no light at the end of the tunnel in site. My job is split between working in the office and working from home, so I desperately need wifi. 

If anyone out there has had a similar problem and has a solution or advice then please let me know - any help would be massively appreciated 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndrewL2023 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with the account

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information so we can look to get this resolved for you. Keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs