Menu
JimLondon1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Account details confusion

Hi, 

I set up a new Virgin account in February 2021 after closing my Virgin Business account and after my wife closed her Virgin landline account. My wife then transferred her landline number to the new account. 

There now seems to be confusion with the new account name and password which came to light when I tried to sign-in using the My Virgin Media iPhone app. It's complicated to explain and probably best to do so in a more private space. 

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account details confusion

Hi JimLondon1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to sign into your online account on your phone since putting the account into your name and porting the number from your Wife's media account.

When you changed over from business to Virgin Media have you created a new online account that is different from the one your Wife used also, as this is a brand new account if you haven't already you would need to set up a online account for this one, the Email address you used on the previous won't be able to be used to set it up however once active you can change it to the preferred Email address via my preferences.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
JimLondon1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for your prompt response. You may well have hit the nail on the head there - I shall try setting up a new online account using a new email address and will let you know the outcome. 

Best, 

Jim

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for your response. 

Please do let us know how you get on 🙂 

Nat
0 Kudos
JimLondon1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat, 

Apologies, I meant to respond earlier - I’ve set up a new account with a different email address and all is well. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

Best,

Jim 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @JimLondon1.

We are glad to see your issue has since been resolved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos