cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closure issues

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

I gave notice to close my account in early June and all services were set to be cancelled 13/7/23 when my contract ended. At this date I was presented with a bill for the period 15/7 to 14/8. I phoned and was told to ignore the bill and cancel my direct debit. My credit balance would be sent by cheque 45 days after cancellation. Since then I have had further bills, notice of overdue payment an threats to disconnect my non existent services.

I raised a complaint and got the same automated non-responses that others have described on this forum. Nothing I say is even acknowledged, let alone answered. The arrogant assumption is that I am "completely happy". Further complaints have been closed without response.

Is there a way of talking to a human at VM who is empowered to resolve the issue?

10 REPLIES 10

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi uzi2uzi2

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with closing your account.

I will send you a private message now so I can look into this for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Alongside you communications and dealings with VM about this ...

You can share your hopeless complaint and cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

Strange coincidence that the investigation was launched on the day that VM failed to disconnect my services.

Thanks for the links, I will add my experience if it will help

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

I clicked on this as a "helpful answer" and it is now flagged as a solution. Hopefully it will lead to this, but no solution has been reached as yet. How do I correct this?

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

I found out how. It was a helpul answer, but not a solution. 

Hi uzi2uzi2

I have sent you a further private message, please respond to me there and I can help further 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

Clicking on  "Mark as Helpful Answer"  has the effect of showing problem solved. This needs to be corrected...

Hi uzi2uzi2, 

Please don't worry, your concern here has not been closed.

I will help resolve your concern via private message.

Please respond to my message there so I can help you further. 

Vikki - Forum Team

uzi2uzi2
On our wavelength

As well as the Forum issue with the incorrect result showing when clicking on "Helpful Answer", I see that the title of my post has been changed by a moderator to exclude VM's failure to answer complaints.