cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closing billing date missed

iceboy1952
Tuning in

How do I stop Virgin from cutting me off. I had a text to say "Due to non payment, my internet will stop this week".

So if I gave them all my details, why haven't they started taking my money?..tried the 0845-454-111 but can't get through.

6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello iceboy1952,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you have received a text message asking for payment.

When were you installed and when did you set the direct debit up?

Have you already had a bill as suspensions only happen if the balance goes over 60 days owing.

If you can log into your online account and make a payment, Then wait 24 hours and set the direct debit back up, that would be great.

Sadly we are unable to deal with billing issues from here.

Please let us know how you get on though.

Gareth_L

iceboy1952
Tuning in

When I set it up, I gave the guy my details and he said it would be £15.99 for the first 6 months and then £33.99 after. But I had no conformation email conformation, just a text welcoming me to virgin. I've tried ringing, but it's always engaged (0345-454-111).

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for replying iceboy1952.

Have you been able to access your online account?

If not I can help set it up from here.

Gareth_L

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi iceboy1952 

I hope you've managed to get your issue resolved.

Just a heads up for future reference, the number you quoted in your first message is missing a digit at the end (there  should be four 1's) so it should have been 0845 454 1111. Always try to avoid calling 0845 numbers - they are premium rate.

You should actually be calling 0345 454 1111 as that's generally included as a normal rate number and free with most call packages, or better still if you can dial 150 from a VM landline or VM mobile then it's a free call.

Also when calling companies have a look on https://www.saynoto0870.com/  as it contains a large amount of free phone numbers which you can use instead.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

iceboy1952
Tuning in

All resolved thank you..they managed to cancel my direct debit for some reason. But a quick payment and a reset of the direct debit resolved it.

Thanks for the update iceboy1952,

We're pleased to hear this has now been resolved for you. If you have any further issues, please pop back to us and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi.