forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Melissajj86
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account cancellation letter ignored, cannot get through on phone.

I am out of contract and have been trying to cancel my virgin media and broadband account for over a month. Initially I tried phoning but after over 5 attempts on hold for up to 1.5 hours each time and then being cut off, I gave up trying to phone and sent a recorded letter by post on 3/2 notifying virgin of my request to cancel all services and requested a written confirmation of this from them. 

I received a reply in writing last Monday 8/2 - letter is not dated (!) but says they will respond to my 'complaint' within 28 days. There is no mention of the cancellation my services.

Virgin cannot be contacted by email, phone and I am not willing to trek out to the post office and pay £6.85 each time to send them a recorded letter which they do not even respond to properly.

Where do I go from here? I have spent hours upon hours of my day trying to speak to someone and I am thinking the next step will be legal action. Any advise is appreciated.

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account cancellation letter ignored, cannot get through on phone.

Good morning @Melissajj86 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting though to our team in cancelling your contract. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can take a look into this and see how I am able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos