Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Account cancellation and when to expect confirmation

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can advise, I cancelled my account (out of contract) a few weeks ago to end early Dec as per 30 days notice. I did it over chat and the person on there poorly explained the refund situation as they did not seem to understand the billing system and then I confirmed with someone on the phone that it had gone through and I would be due a refund.

However since then I have not had any email confirmation of the cancellation, or any updates to my account to show a new bill with a refund.

I feel a bit stuck in limbo, is this normal?

Also I am moving out of the country so in terms of getting a refund will they issue a cheque or just refund my bank? I can provide a forwarding address in the UK but no one asked me about that.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account cancellation and when to expect confirmation

Hi Bandanner1,

You won't receive a Final Bill until after the account has been closed completely, that's usual in case you incure any extra charges such as phone calls, PPV or movie rentals etc..

I'm afraid you'll need to contact VM again to give them a forwarding address to receive a refund by cheque.

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bandanner1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the confusion here.

I'll PM you now so I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses, I have dropped you a message back John.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for joining me on PM @Bandanner1

Just to update the thread, the cancellation terms, billing and everything else was sorted 🙂

Good luck with the move buddy 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"