Menu
s88urd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account Transfer following divorce

Hi, 

I was recently kicked out of the house by my ex-wife however the Virgin Media account is still in my name.

Direct debit details have been changed over to her, however I wish for the name on the account to be changed to her also.

I have spoken to many different people over the phone, all of which seem to pass me between departments.

My ex-wife and I do not have direct contact with one another, and I have filled out different forms requesting for the account name to be changed (however these seem to get rejected)

This is causing me alot of stress and emotional pain as I just want the account to be taken over by her so I have no further ties to her.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Transfer following divorce

Hi @s88urd

Thanks for posting. 

My apologies for the personal situation. 

In relation to sorting this, there is only two ways it can be done. The first would be for you to cancel the account and then your ex-wife would then need to apply for services in her own name. The other way would then be for her to call us up and go through the 'goneaway' process, whereby she'd advise us you're no longer at the property, then we'd put a goneaway flag on the account and then she'd need to again apply for services in her own name.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos