Menu
mcave1000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Account Registration

Just wondering when the issue is going to be resolved about not being able to create new accounts? I checked the forums to find posts from 2019... we're now 2 years on and it still hasn't been solved? Any help with this is appreciated.

Screenshot_20210615-223225_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Registration

Hi @mcave1000

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. 

When you say set up an account, do you mean setting up a my virgin media account? 

Have you previously had an account with us? Or are you a new customer? 

Please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mcave1000
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sasha_W

It is a My Virgin Media Account that I'm trying to set up so I can control my Internet preferences etc.

I used to have an account when I initially had Virgin Media around 3/4 years ago. That contact finished and I've recently come back to virgin - my broadband was installed yesterday. Since then, I can't use the forgot my username or password function to see if my old account works and my email address also said it doesn't exist or isn't an account associated with it. When I try register a new one, I get that screenshot that I sent previously.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mcave1000,

Thanks for confirming those details. Just to confirm, have you been given a new account number since you re-joined? If so, are you able to create an account using those details?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
mcave1000
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Laurie_C

I do have my account number but when I go to sign up for an account it doesn't ask for my account number when I go to sign up - it just shows the previous screenshot after clicking register.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this.

I'm going to raise this issue with our IT team, I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos