Menu
David2693
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Account Registration

Can anyone help me, as customer care havnt a clue how to solve.

trying to register my account as  a new virgin broadband customer and it says 

“We're sorry, but we're having a few technical problems and we can't set up your account at the moment.

Please come back and try again later”

I used to be on virgin 3/4 years ago and wondering if my account linked to this is meaning I can’t register now. Anyone know how to solve as I’ve done numerous calls to customer service who open and ticket and never get back to me.

0 Kudos
Orlas
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Registration

Same problem for the last 5 days... Haven't had a VM account previously.
Broadband and everything was installed a week ago. Tried different browsers, phones/desktop PCs/laptops, non-VM mobile internet, cleared cookies, prayed, done a rain dance and actually tried customer support. Funny enough is that the person I spoke with on live chat last week assured me it will get fixed and, when I asked what are the next steps if it doesn't (had this tiny hunch after doing some reading on the forums), the response I got was "trust me". The person I spoke to over the phone today had to contact a senior member, who said it's a problem with the website and it will get fixed -_- So yeah seems it's the same story for everyone. Too bad it seems to be something going on for a few years now...
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @David2693

Thank you so much or your first post to our Community Forums and welcome on board! It's great to have you here.

I am so sorry you are having issues signing up a new account! This is an issue with our system we are currently aware of and we currently have our teams working on it. We will update as soon as we have the issue fixed and I will assist you in signing up your new account, should you need any further help.

I'm so sorry again for the inconvenience. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thisisleroy
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, having this exact same technical fault issue in trying to set up a new account.

Seems to have been like this for days now. 

Still no idea when it might get fixed?

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thisisleroy,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've been impacted by this problem.

I'm afraid that this issue is still with our IT team at the moment, I do apologise for this. We will update this thread as soon as we have any more news on this. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
David2693
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2 weeks later and still no fix. Any ideas what’s going on?

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello @David2693,

Thank you for your message. 

I am really sorry about this- I have just checked up on the ticket and this is still being worked on. 

The reference number for this is P010542924 should you need it to track the progress. 

Thank you for your patience.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos