forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
jaydeb2010
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Account - Cancel

Hi All,

I have tried numours times for hours and seem to be getting nowhere.

I was put through to the Customer Relations Messenger Team and the messaging service reverted back to the start.

Can anybody at Virgin help me with this cancellation as it would be mostly appreciated.

(I am out of contract terms and conditions)

Please advise

Thank you

Regards

JayDeb2010

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Elsig
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account - Cancel

Same here. I've been waiting since 10:38 this morning... Someone did ask me a few questions at 15:00 but not heard anything since..... Shambolic
jaydeb2010
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No further response has been made via the "Customer Relations Messenger Team" 

I was just left waiting in the chat with no feedback in regards to my position.

I understand there is a worldwide pandemic, however all i wanted was some clarification of my enquiry.

Regards

JayDeb2010

0 Kudos
jaydeb2010
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just got through this morning with the below text messenging service number and have successfully cancelled my subscription.

"30 days notice given" 😀

Regards

JayDeb2010

Sultanas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Me too. I need to cancel my account. Now. But I cannot get through on the Virgin number 03454541111. (Over an hour to wait in the queue, I'm told). Can anyone suggest how on earth to do this?

Thx. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As per section N of the T&Cs at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services 

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thomasj1231
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why not let people cancel over email? Or on the app or over the website? Like every other company in 2021? I think VM are still in 1990. Why make it so difficult, because people give up and just stay, that is why, that is the only way they can keep any customers!

Been hung up 3 times today, finally got through to someone, they said they will need to put me through to someone else (Even though I already waited 2 hours, pressed the buttons for cancellation yet somehow not the right person)

I will be sending a letter then cancelling the direct debit. Idiots the lot of them. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@thomasj1231 wrote:

Why not let people cancel over email? Or on the app or over the website? Like every other company in 2021?

Are you sure that every other company has online cancellations? I don't think you'll find that's anywhere near true.

@thomasj1231 wrote:

I will be sending a letter then cancelling the direct debit. Idiots the lot of them. 

I wouldn't recommend cancelling your direct debit until your final bill has been settled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

called my car insurance the other week. had to call in. 50 minutes in hold

0 Kudos
thomasj1231
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Really?! Wow I havent had to call a car insurance company in about 10 years! Every year it auto cancels and I then buy a better one online