Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Accidentally cancelled direct debit

Hi, I accidentally cancelled my direct debit. Can anyone tell me how get Virgin to re-instate this? I have tried their online chat and they told me to go into My Bills > Check out My Latest Bill > Change Payment Method. However I have tried this already and get a message saying 'We are unable to change your Direct Debit details at this time. This could be due to a recent update, for example'.

When I told Virgin this through the chat, they told me they will transfer me to another conversation. I never got transferred...

I have tried calling and was on hold for 10 minutes before I gave up due to the costs associated with calling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accidentally cancelled direct debit

Pay by Quickpay if you 100% sure the DD is cancelled. Then re-instate for your next bill.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accidentally cancelled direct debit

How did you cancel the DD? If via your bank, check to see if they can reinstate it. If you use Internet banking then you may be able to do this yourself, find the direct debit & see if there’s an option to turn it back on.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos