cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted 'staywithusbigger' offer but new contract different

mar13
Joining in

Ill try to keep this brief !

Ive been a customer since ntl days so every 12/18months have to re-negociate a contract. On Oct18th I put in my notice to terminate my Virgin media contract to get a better deal elsewhere.

My landline stopped working and I was getting intermittent BB loss and speeds far lower than the expected 132mbps. The service status checker showed no problems so I followed the online instructions regarding re-booting the router and checking the cables in the attic, but I still had no phoneline and BB speeds as low as 3mbps.

After several missed calls from VM I received an email offer 'staywithusbigger44' which I though was OK, but needed reassurance that the telephone & BB issues would be resolved to give me the M250 promised, and that my 9 year old TIVO 500 would be replaced for a newer box (as promised last time I renegotiated my contract).

I spent the evening of 30th waiting in queues on the phone, being passed from dept to dept/ redialing a different dept etc. This resulted in my phoneline being fixed on 31th 😀 and I understood I would be contacted about new equipment being sent to me when I got my new contract

On 31st I received an email with my new draft contract saying I had signed up to Mega TV/Tivo/M250/weekend chatte, which I hadnt. .... my order via the email offer said "Over 190 channels...Pause, rewind and record on Virgin TV 360 box".

I spent the evening of 31st on the phone again, on hold for ages/got cut off twice/passed from one dept to another. The agents couldnt access the offer/ contract I'd been sent and tried to offer me a new package for £96 which I said was irrelevent as Id phoned wanting clarification about the "Stay with us" contract. The line went dead again and when I was phoned back on the landline 5mins later they hung-up when I answered!

I see online today that this new contract is showing as 'accepted'.... I havent accepted it...its not what I signed up to.

Please could someone let me know:

1. Will I receive a new TV box ?

2. Im I entitled to a loss of service adjustment as my phoneline appeared to be cut-off when I put notice in to terminate my contract initially?

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for reaching out.

What they normally do now is just upgrade the box by migration software so not a new box, however I will send you a PM to look into this for you to see what we can do.

Please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mar13,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the delays in getting the package sorted, usually we would not deal with any package changes from this platform I'm afraid.

Can I ask with the contract that's been accepted, what is included within that.

Also how long was the landline down? 

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain_W,

Thank you for your reply.

The landline went dead when I gave notice to terminate the contract on Oct 18th and was reinstated the evening of Oct 31st.

Im attaching a photo of the "staywithusbigger44" order of 30th stating that I will have a 360 box,New VM 2023 contract  problem.jpg and the contract I received on 31st saying I will be keeping the TIVO box.

Thank you for reaching out.

What they normally do now is just upgrade the box by migration software so not a new box, however I will send you a PM to look into this for you to see what we can do.

Please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?