Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Abroad and Cannot Cancel Virgin Media Service

We moved from London to New Zealand in August 2020 and since then (over three months) we have been unable to cancel our Virgin Media service. We have all our account details, however there is no contact mechanism to reach Virgin. We have tried the Virgin Media Movers web bot at several different times and waited for hours - no agent responds to us. We have tried calling (on hold for over 30 minutes at £2 a minute foreign call fees) and when we finally got through, we were told we had reached the wrong department and they were unable to help us. They said they would forward us through to the correct department. The call was then cut off. They were unable to give us a direct phone number for the "correct department". Surely this is illegal? Can anyone help? I have kept photographic and written records of our many failed attempts to reach Virgin.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abroad and Cannot Cancel Virgin Media Service

@Unacceptable wrote:

We moved from London to New Zealand in August 2020 and since then (over three months) we have been unable to cancel our Virgin Media service. We have all our account details, however there is no contact mechanism to reach Virgin. We have tried the Virgin Media Movers web bot at several different times and waited for hours - no agent responds to us. We have tried calling (on hold for over 30 minutes at £2 a minute foreign call fees) and when we finally got through, we were told we had reached the wrong department and they were unable to help us. They said they would forward us through to the correct department. The call was then cut off. They were unable to give us a direct phone number for the "correct department". Surely this is illegal? Can anyone help? I have kept photographic and written records of our many failed attempts to reach Virgin.

Clearly states in your contract with VM:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abroad and Cannot Cancel Virgin Media Service

Hi Unacceptable, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your cancellation looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration as you've found it hard to contact us via normal methods. 

I can see Carl gave you some useful information above about how you can cancel if you cannot use the phoneline or text service, the address he gave is correct and I would encourage following his advice. 

I am sorry that we cannot help here on the forums, but we can't process cancellations I'm afraid.

I hope writing to us resolves this for you. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos