Menu
engineer350
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ACCOUNT CHARGES

I joined Virgin Media 1-year ago, paying £27 per month, on my Contract it advises when the year was up I would which it is I would pay £33 a month, so I cannot understand why I am paying £35 per month

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ACCOUNT CHARGES

.. because there has been a general price increase as well as your contracted price increase.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
engineer350
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's just not acceptable, they are already a lot more expensive than the deals out there for my area, you have made up my mind I will be looking to change to another supplier then, thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

... and, as you are out of contract, you have the option to discuss with Retentions to see if they can offer you a reduced price in return for a new contract minimum period.

You will be speaking to them anyway as they are the same department that process cancellations.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi engineer350

Ernie_C is correct we had a general price increase before the end of last year and would have contacted you via letter to let you know this would be happening and the new price for your package.

Once your initial contract has ended you would be paying the full price for the package that you are on. At that point you have the opportunity to get in touch with our customer relations team to discuss any potential offers available to you for the services you would like and if you aren't happy with the offers you would also have the opportunity to request they process your request to leave.

You can reach the customer relations team buy calling us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and selecting 'Media' then options 4 then 5.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
engineer350
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I hear what you are saying but should it not be Virgin Media who advise you of a better deal to encourage you to be a loyal customer and stay with them when your initial term expires instead of just hoping I will not notice or I cannot be bothered to change to another broad band supplier, easier to haggle on line that through a phone call

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@engineer350 wrote:

I hear what you are saying but should it not be Virgin Media who advise you of a better deal to encourage you to be a loyal customer and stay with them when your initial term expires instead of just hoping I will not notice or I cannot be bothered to change to another broad band supplier, easier to haggle on line that through a phone call

It's in the pipeline from Ofcom, but if it ever gets the go ahead or when.....

https://news-sky-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/ofcom-launches-review-of-broadban...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello engineer350

Thanks for your post 

We did have a price increase across all customer accounts on the 1st November 

This was sent out in advance by letter/email from the 1st August 2018 

I am happy to look at package prices if you wish 

Regards 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
engineer350
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK then what do I have to do to get a more competitive deal in line with other broadband suppliers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi engineer350

I will need to send you a Private Message 

Just check the Purple Envelope top right of your page

Speak soon 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos