I have never experienced such disgusting, despicable and hateful treatment by a company as a new client. I am completely and utterly sick to the stomach. This company has been sickeningly abusive. I feel nauseous.
1. On the 12/06/20 I called to end an old contract under my mother's name and start a new account under my name at the same address. I was assured by the sales person that at my request the old contract would end on the 16/06 and the new router would arrive on the 17/06.
2. NONE OF THIS HAPPENED. I WAS LIED TO
3. Upon calling and investing I was told that the actual disconnection date would now be the 12/07 and that the new router would arrive on the 17/07. I explained this was unacceptable as I would be left with 5 days without service. I has told the sales girl at the start that I couldn't have interrupted service due to online exams.
4. I was told that the activation date could be moved forward. I called to arrange this.
5. I was promised that the old account would be disconnected and on the 26/06 and that the new router would arrive on the 27/06.
6. I called on the 25/06 to confirm the above.
7. MORE SICKENING LIES. The original service was not disconnected on the 26/06 though the router arrived on the 27/06. The new router is connected to the old service. It now looks like we will be charged for both services.
8. I called on the morning of the 27/06 - the router had not yet arrived. I was promised that when the new router was connected that the old account would discontinue.
9. The new router arrived on the 27/06, it was connected, but the old phone line was sill active. Upon calling yet again, we were told that the old account was still active and that arrangements had been made for the old account disconnect at midnight - the promise was made at 4pm. I confirmed that this meant 8 hours from the said call. The rep agreed. She then explained that I would have to activate the new router by calling the 0800 number. I asked if this number was 24/7 she then suggested a number to text and fobbed me off to the activation team.
10. At this point I recorded the call for evidence. I was promised a midnight deactivation. I never received a number to text I was told to call the 0800 number. it is now 00.41 at the time of writing and NOTHING AT THIS FIRM HAS PROMISED HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO STANDARD.
I AM SICK, SICK, SICK TO THE STOMACH.
I have spent the few odd days off I have all day on the phone with idiots. I am exhausted, I am in pain through lack of rest. I have had persistent headaches and backaches from the stress this is causing me. Now I feel like vomiting as I do not know what is happening and if I will have interrupted service meaning I cannot complete exams and I will be fired from my job as I am contracted to provide a tethered internet connection. All I wanted to do was take responsibility for this utility bill.
Notice period for contracts is 30 days. It’s written in the terms and conditions.
Theres much worse things to get all worked up about...
***** If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!! I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences. Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
I would have thought it was commonsense not to make changes to a working connection if it was needed for exams and couldn't afford to have any possible downtime.
On another point, the OP states he called to cancel the original account, his mothers. Only the account holder has the authority to cancel.
Some people try and take out new accounts in their spouses name hoping to take advantage of discounts for new customers. This isn't allowed and I would think the same would be true if a child of the account holder applied?
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali