Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A material detriment - M50 broadband ordered - M100 provided at cost

I am a new VirginMedia customer in my 'honeymoon' stage!

I agreed the terms (i.e. Broadband and Phone - M50 + Free Setup + £100 Welcome Credit (MSE)  £23.95 package price per month. £0 set-up fee applies. 18 month contract) and info@virginmediapartners.com confirmed the terms on 19 May 2020

I would not have entered into that contract had I been bound to pay a different price (such as an unexpected increase to £28.95 every month plus a £30 fee for installation)

On the day of installation (2 June 2020) VirginMedia said "Hi …Your speed boost is complete!  Your connection speed is now up to 100Mbps.  We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online."

It is now dawning on me as I look at the Bill that this increased the cost.  I am really unhappy!

What is so galling is the Bill says "Looks like YOU'VE made some changes this month" with Package Changes highlighted RED.

How would the forum advise me to seek a proper resolution with VirginMedia?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: A material detriment - M50 broadband ordered - M100 provided at cost

If your deal was set up through a partner discount scheme I imagine you will need to discuss it with them rather than VM direct?
M350 over FTTP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pars.  Thanks for your reply but I am confused.

What is "a partner discount scheme" and why do you think my predicament involves anyone other than my provider VirginMedia?  Still seeking how I can get this resolved with VirginMedia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You said in your original post that your deal was confirmed through virginmediapartners.
This isn't the same as dealing directly with Virgin Media.

M350 over FTTP
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @DrawnClaws

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post - I am sorry that there has been some confusion with your contract and package price that you signed up with. 

If you signed up with VirginMediaPartners (as you mention in your initial post) - this usually means that you can get discounts and special offers through your current place of work - these offers are usually different to what we would be able to offer directly via our own sales team. 

In regard to your contract - have you checked this via your MyVirginMedia account? You'll be able to see exactly what your contract price is, any discounts you may have been offered and any potential charges. You'll also be able to see if you accepted or rejected the contract. 

For your broadband speed - we are boosting customers on our 50Mb package totally free of charge to the 100Mb as this will now be our new lowest standard broadband. This boost does not increase your package cost and does not alter your contract agreement. 

If you have any queries after looking at your contract online, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie_WT

Thank you so much for your time and your comments.

@Katie_WT wrote:

If you have any queries after looking at your contract online, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

I have looked at the Contract as you suggested.  If I may I will send the rest of this as a Private Message to you.

Best Regards

Nigel

(Note: I am aged 71, long retired and STRUGGLING with all this)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello @DrawnClaws

Whilst it is highly irregular that we accept unsolicited private messages from the Community, I understand that you are struggling with getting the assistance  you need and as such I will do all I can to assist you with your issues. For future posts, as staff, we do not accept Private Messages unless we have initiated it. 

I see that you have already send me the message - I have located your account via your Forum information and have been able to take a look at your package and contract; however, to discuss this any further, I will need to go through security with you.

Please look out for a purple envelope which shows I have responded and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thank you. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide