Menu
Jacksj104
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

A joke of a company

My contract is coming to an end and I want to upgrade from my M350 and talk weekend to the M500 package advertised for £54 for the first 18 months and £71 thereafter 

So I go online and end up in a webchat where Eryl offers to put me through to the Omph team if I agree to £76 per month. When I say no and ask him to put me through to the team so I can sort it out he refuses and puts me on hold for the CUSTOMER DONT GIVE a S**T CARE TEAM where I have been waiting for an hour.

So I ring 150 and have been on hold for 40 mins.

So I type out a complaint wasting another 15 minutes of my life for when I press the send button it just disappears of the screen.

I want to give this ridiculous company my money and I cant do so 

We are now 11 months into COVID and its the norm now not the exception 

Customers should not be waiting on phones and computers for hours 

So Rachael Barrass Director of Customer Service, come on this chat personally and defend your joke of a company 

I bet you wont because you dont really care do you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mark1ee
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: A joke of a company

@Jacksj104 wrote:

My contract is coming to an end and I want to upgrade from my M350 and talk weekend to the M500 package advertised for £54 for the first 18 months and £71 thereafter 

So I go online and end up in a webchat where Eryl offers to put me through to the Omph team if I agree to £76 per month. When I say no and ask him to put me through to the team so I can sort it out he refuses and puts me on hold for the CUSTOMER DONT GIVE a S**T CARE TEAM where I have been waiting for an hour.

So I ring 150 and have been on hold for 40 mins.

So I type out a complaint wasting another 15 minutes of my life for when I press the send button it just disappears of the screen.

I want to give this ridiculous company my money and I cant do so 

We are now 11 months into COVID and its the norm now not the exception 

Customers should not be waiting on phones and computers for hours 

So Rachael Barrass Director of Customer Service, come on this chat personally and defend your joke of a company 

I bet you wont because you dont really care do you.

Don't give up mate, it took me about 50 minutes to get through on Sunday just gone. I called in at around 13:00, the 1st person I spoke to couldn't help and was offering me a ridiculous price for what I wanted. I managed to be put through to retentions who were only too glad to help and sorted a good deal for the next 18 months. 

I work in customer services and, right now it's sometimes hard to get through to some companies due to the current restrictions. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

£54 is a new customer price. you are not a new customer. you shoud expect the £71 price
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I was offered M350 (What I'm currently using) for £43.50/month or M500 for £50/month on a new 18 month contract.

I was polite though so maybe that's the difference...

mark1ee
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I got offered a deal recently which was just a smidge over the new customer price, it can be done. 

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I bet it feels amazing to give moaning customers the heave-ho when they have to listen to them all day!

YOU ARE TALKING TO A HUMAN BEING, treat them as one...

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

it "can" be done. but don't expect it
F0RM4TION
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

🙂

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@F0RM4TION wrote:

🙂

A horse walks into a bar...

0 Kudos
Jacksj104
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I did treat the person on the chat line with respect and when I eventually got through to a real person I treated her with respect asd well which is more than the company did to me.

I ended up on £61 for 18 months then £76 but no SIM.

I asked to complain and when she asked what the resolution I wanted was. When I said the deal that was advertised she said that was a new customer deal and no one could give me that so there was no point in complaining . My complaint was heard and dismissed in seconds. 

I have complained and I am now off to trading standards and OFCOM and there is nothing on the website to say its a new customer deal and this day and age  that isn't good enough loyal customers should be rewarded as well.

Need less to say seeing above that others are getting better deals only adds insult to injury

I am sorry if I sounded off but after two hours of sitting on the phone and online I was pretty cheesed off.

The truth is Virgin don't care because here on Teesside they have a monopoly so can treat us like dirt.  It should be like electricity where you have the DNO who looks after the infrastructure and rents it to the suppliers who compete for your custom.

I am also fed up of COVID being used for bad customer service after such a long time. There are lots of companies who have sorted this and brought new staff and systems in to cope and indeed are now offering a much better service but you have to care about your customers first to do that.