Menu
Andrew3651
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

8.33% price increase

So I've had a mail saying the cost of my 1000Mbps connection s going up by £3.50 pcm. That's an 8.33% hike.

How can this possibly be justifiable, especially at a time when we must stay at home and, if possible, work from home and are therefore more dependent upon our broadband? VM really do know how to p*** off their longstanding customers.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 8.33% price increase

@Andrew3651 wrote:

So I've had a mail saying the cost of my 1000Mbps connection s going up by £3.50 pcm. That's an 8.33% hike.

How can this possibly be justifiable, especially at a time when we must stay at home and, if possible, work from home and are therefore more dependent upon our broadband? VM really do know how to p*** off their longstanding customers.

Various other providers doing the same, not just VM.

0 Kudos
Andrew3651
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

One, it's what VM is doing that interests me most. Two, are other providers putting prices up by 8.33%? 3. Justification? 4. Loyal customers, whose patience is being tested  again seeing VM advertise their packages to new customers for much less. The 100Mbps is £26.99. Such dual pricing is outlawed in the insurance sector. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew3651,

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months.  Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%.  We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

At the same time, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that’s giving customers a free speed boost, upgrading their equipment or providing new content and channels, we’re committed to giving our customers more.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Andrew3651
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I don't buy that an 8.33% increase is in line with network investment (and certainly not in customer service). And, as I said, you're offering way, way cheaper deals to new customers, rather than committing to existing ones. Always annoying and increasingly counterproductive: it's all about churn. I've now seen that VM offer my package from as little as £24. Getting on for half the price you expect me to pay.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with this. If you do wish to discuss your Virgin Media Home package I would advise calling into the Retention's team on 150/0345 454 1111 so they can review your package. 

^Martin 

0 Kudos
Andrew3651
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I will no doubt be doing that but through gritted teeth because every time - and I mean every time - I actually have to deal with VM's CS staff it's an utter nightmare. I really, really don't like speaking with them (and I know it's a management failing, nor that of the poor advisors).  Perhaps if they sorted that out, price rises might be more palatable. 

0 Kudos
Andrew3651
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Totally bizarre. Rang through to CS, got the automated system which immediately offered me a "discount" for six months. By an impressive coincidence that discount matches the price hike they'd tried to foist upon me. Man, VM are hard work. Still, it's as you were for me.

0 Kudos