Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

7th time delaying installation

Hello,

I ordered virgin media broadband back in April 2019, since then it has been delayed 7 times, I still wonder if they are going to install it before the year is over.

I did get the explanation that there was a traffic jam on cables on my street, once that apparently was fixed some problem with the boxes that are in the street. 

Giving the 2 issues and that I live on a high street they say they can only work on Sunday evenings, I do get that it's an awful schedule however since I payed the initial money it has been over 40 Sundays. How many more Sundays are needed? 

Does my area has any access to fibre even? I'm starting to think they sold me something that it didn't exist, and does not exist anymore.

Anyone in the same situation, or with any answers to this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7th time delaying installation

Hi pssuils,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the delayed install. From checking our systems this seems to need construction work. Has this work now been completed and have you been given a new install date?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

I don't know if the work has been completed I've been not told. I do have a new date for mid march. Since last April every time is been rescheduled either for a month or two months later. Can you confirm if the work has been finished?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @pssuils 

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the lack of communication from our side.

I have dropped the area field manager an email in the hope that he will provide me with a little more information and an explanation as to whats going on and if we finally have an install date for yourself. Please allow me a little time for a response. 

If there is anything else we can assist you with in the meantime please do let us know. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

One week has passed and no updates so far. Zak, did you find out anything?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi pssuils, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am afraid Zak is away from the office today but I will drop him an email to make him aware that you have been in contact. 

Thank you for your patience, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Tomorrow was going to be the day, I even received 2 calls regarding the installation day, to confirm that it was going to happen tomorrow.

However it has been delayed another time, like the 8th time, this time a shorter period of time, in 2 weeks. Should I have hope the shorter time means that actually the engineering works that need to happen will be done by then?

Any news or progress on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi pssuils,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear that your install date was changed again, 

Have we advised the reason for the delay and if this has been completed.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I did not hear anything about the reason or if the work has been completed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi pssuils,

I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I will send you an update shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos