Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

£75 Voucher Never received + Disappointing customer Service

Hi,

I took a Virgin Media Broadband on 02/01/2020, as a part of the deal I was supposed to receive a £75 amazon voucher. 6 months later and after many calls and emails I didn't receive anything. Instead I received promises that the problem was sorted, when I wasn't hung up...

I just had a 46 min call today, and have been hung up by a customer service manager (!) who told me that I won't receive the voucher. The reason ? my contract is not from 02/01/2020 but rather from 10/01/2020 and does not contain a voucher offer.

While I was very surprised to get this explanation only now (after 6 calls over the last 6 months), I tried to explain what actually happened: After I took a contract on 02/01/2020, my router parcel was ''lost'' by the courier, so I called Virgin customer service to inform them on the 10/01/2020 to sort the issue. A new router has been issued then, but came along a new contract which doesn't mention the voucher ! I never intended to cancel a contract, just to get my router sent again, but I have been told over the phone that a new contract should be issued to get a new router, and I've never been mentioned that this contract would be different than the 1st one (by not including the voucher) ! The contract has been modified is a Very questionable way.

I am still claiming my voucher as I was entitled to. Why should I be penalised for the first parcel being lost ? This Voucher was one of the reasons why I took Virgin Media as a broadband provider.

If Virgin Media fails to give me the voucher I was promised, I will contact Citizen Advice to report this unfair and unfortunate series of events and make a complaint against the customer service manager who hung up upon me, and I will have to find another broadband provider for next year.

I have all the calls recorded on my phone if needed.

Regards

Youssef

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: £75 Voucher Never received + Disappointing customer Service

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear about the Amazon vouchers. I've checked your account and the Hub order was re-raised so that another one could be sent to you. To confirm, you're not being penalised for it. I can see that you contacted us about the vouchers and the agent had queried the vouchers with the Correct Team and they advised you that your vouchers would be emailed to you. They also explained that the agent who re-raised the Hub order made a mistake and didn't add the Vouchers back onto the order, this was our mistake, and I can confirm we've acknowledge this and we're not penalising you.

Can you check your email deleted and junk box for emails received? It may not be from a Virgin Media email address but the email address will contain the word noreply e.g. noreply@xxxxxx.co.uk

Please let us know thanks.

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, 

Thank you for your quick reply.

The communication with the agent you mentioned had happened in one of my calls indeed, on 21/05/2020, I've been told during this conversation to email to reward exceptions@virginmedia.co.uk, this same email address replied to me on 22/05/2020, apologising and telling me that I should receive the voucher from Edenred within 72h. I kept checking my email inbox and spams but no email came. I contacted back Virgin customer service on the 10/06 and 18/06 to say I did not receive anything despite being said it should take 72h. I also sent emails to reward exceptions on 01/06, 09/06 and 10/06, without answers.

The strange explanation I mention in my first post was given during the call I gave today (30/06/2020), by a manager contradicting all previous communications with virgin.

To summarize, no, I did not receive any email from Edenred or any noreply@xxxxx.co.uk about this voucher.

Regards

Youssef

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Youssef

Thanks for confirming this to us.  To enable me to look further into your reward issue, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Youssef_Fares.

Just a quick post to confirm you're happy with our response?

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I am very happy with your response. Thanks again.

Youssef

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I experienced a similar situation to yours, I agreed to a contract due to a free inclusive highstreet voucher for £100 and the voucher code did not work, i contacted virgin about this several times and was passed to third parties who had no idea. Virgin representatives were rude and unhelpful, but as a customer you feel powerless due to being locked into a long contract, as they already have your custom they no longer feel the need to satisfy or help you just not on at all 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this forum is a lot more helpful than the phone customer service, I could finally have my problem sorted within the day. I wish I had discovered this forum earlier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hsalon,

Thanks for your post

Sorry to see you've also been effected by this issue. Have you managed to get this resolved or is this still on going?

Can you confirm if you have a residential account or a business account?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos