Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

£40 installation charge

Dear Virgin Media

as far as I can tell you still have not refunded the £40 installation charge that I saw on my first bill. 

Im disputing that charge and the issue is soon to go to be escalated to the regulator . I complained through resolver and the complaint number is RES7088636. This gives the details why I do not accept the £40 charge.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: £40 installation charge

Virgin don't respond very quickly to resolver complaints. It would be better to actually use their own complaint methods.

In experience they are quite quick to refund the install fee, as it is very rarely charged anyway - its more of an automatic discount offered to cancel it out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andygod,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you've had reason to raise a complaint. When did you raise your complaint please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello VM team

i first raised the complaint through the VM website facility, and subsequent to that I did get a couple of phone calls from VM, but I actually wanted the complaint to be responded to in writing, which I think I requested on the web based form. There was no written confirmation or complaint reference number given as the initial contact was entirely web based through an online form.

Subsequently to that , I then raised the complaint on Resolver facility, and this is very useful as it keeps track of dates etc, and ensures everything is in writing. This was on 24 July 2019.

i received written confirmation from VM of the complaint on 2 September 2019. 

So far , I’m impressed with the speed of the actual broadband service VM have provided and the speed of the initial set up .

I’m sure you must agree there does appear that the £40 installation charge is a hidden fee, and customers are not expecting it at all, as they are not told about it. From my research on the web, this seems to be the case.

i would therefore like VM to refund the £40, to fully resolve this complaint, nothing extra required above that.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andygod,

Thank you for coming back to us, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click in the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos