cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Months Early Retention Offers

hisen22
Joining in

So I'm currently paying £28 for 250MB broadband only, and my contract is up and due to renew in August 2023 increasing to £59

They have been calling me and offered me £35 for 350mb + Streaming box.

is it worth me taking that deal or waiting it out closer towards my renewal date and then cancelling and playing the waiting game?

also if I do cancel when do I need to do it if August is when my contract is up?

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@hisen22 wrote:

So I'm currently paying £28 for 250MB broadband only, and my contract is up and due to renew in August 2023 increasing to £59

They have been calling me and offered me £35 for 350mb + Streaming box.

is it worth me taking that deal or waiting it out closer towards my renewal date and then cancelling and playing the waiting game?

also if I do cancel when do I need to do it if August is when my contract is up?

You need to give VM 30 days notice to cancel.

Your maximum bargaining power is when you near the end of your minimum term.

Some customers report getting very good deals once they have cancelled when they receive a call from VM 'retentions'. There is no guarantee you will get such a call though and it is recommended to have your VM marketing permissions turned on for VM to contact you. Any offer you get from VM is 'of the moment' so do some research and work out what your best alternatives to VM are at hat time so you can see how any VM offer stacks up against the competition.

Keep in my that VM is switching to an 'RPI+3.9%' price rise each year with no option to cancel during price rises so factor that into your price comparisons

Try this topic below for some helpful renegotiating advice at message #5 from Andrew-G

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Why-oh-why-does-loyalty-get-punishe...