cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£350 clerical error?

Calzor_Suzay
Tuning in

I recently changed phone provider, cheaper deal, Volt add on etc.
I'm am existing Virgin customer on broadband/Tivo/Land line although out of contract and thinking of walking anyway due to costs.

Went all smoothly and on new sim etc.

Couple of days later get a text about a new Hub3 is on it's way, they moved me from M250 to M350 as part of Volt and current hub2 is out of date.
Box turns and a couple of days later I swap it out no problem.
Notice the data bump on the mobile contract as well a few days.

It's been about 1-2 weeks now and I get my usual email re this months Virgin media bill and it's £350 higher than usual, supposedly a £385 activation fee with an oh so handy £35 off Activation exception.

I'm assuming this is some kind of clerical error or everyone would be complaining about a free hundred and fifty pound upgrade...

Virgin can go stick the whole lot if that's what it costs!

5 REPLIES 5

Calzor_Suzay
Tuning in

So after getting kicked out twice with the automated "We're sending you a link to your bill" I managed on the 3rd attempt and correct automated button pushing to actually speak to a person.

Yes the £350 shouldn't be there but there's nothing we can do about the bill, once it's set that's it.
So in 3 weeks I'll have an extra £350 taken from my bank account but will have £350 in credit on my account that will get used up the coming months, stupid...

Think I need to speak to my bank to see if they can block the next DD as a one off.
I'm sure VM will be all over the phone then trying to claim their missing money!

Hi Calzor_Suzay, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear there has been an error with your billing. Whilst we would be unable to change the Bill itself, and the correction would show on the next bill, as long as the credit has been applied and it's over a week until your Direct Debit is due to be taken, we would be able to amend the amount manually. 

In order to take a closer look at things I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Calzor_Suzay, 

Thanks for coming back to us via private message. 

I'm sorry to hear you've decided against letting us resolve this for you but appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. 

If you do change your mind, you know where we are. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for reaching out as well.

I'm just not happy passing confidential information across a 'forum'.
The phone representative should of got it 'right' in the first place really.

As said I'll look to get my bank to reclaim the DD the day it's taken and then pay it manually if possible or wait for VM to contact me.

Having spent 3-4 phone calls over numerous hours I find this months email to include the £350 extra amount once again!!!

I truly give up calling 'customer services' as they seem to be a bunch of clueless idiots who can't do anything other than say it's in the system for review. Even after having it being confirmed twice the fee shouldn't be there then the money attempted to be withdrawn from my bank account I get the new bill this month with £350 extra and a gentle 'reminder'.

Have sent PM in the 'HOPE'! this can be resolved, as soon as possible I'm leaving VM...