Menu
catsarecute55
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

£35.00 Activation fee

Hello all,

I just started a new 18 month broadband contract. Everthing is working well. However, I signed up today for a My Virgin account and was surprised to see that I am about to be charged a £35 activation fee.

At every point along the way of the sign up process, it was clearly stated that there would be no set-up costs and no activation fees. I have the screenshots to prove it.

I received an e-mail shortly after completing my online order stating that my first monthly payment would be £28.00 and my next monthly payment would be £28.00. No mention of activation fees.

That's £35 I cannot afford to lose at the moment. I need this charge stopped.

If somebody from VM can help me, that would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
catsarecute55
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: £35.00 Activation fee

Here are some screenshots that I took during the signing up process. As you can see, upon signing up it was clearly and repeatedly stated that the activation fee is FREE / £0.00. There are no one-off payments required for installation, equipment or delivery.

online sign up 1.pngonline sign up 3.jpgonline sign up 4.jpg

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: £35.00 Activation fee

Hello catsarecute55, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have received the charge for activation. 

I would be happy to get this looked in to further but I will just need to confirm a few details via private message. I've popped this over to you now and you will be able to access this via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat