cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days notice.

worf105
Tuning in

HI all,

I have been a loyal and happy customer for 20+ years with extremely reliable broadband but today, I finally gave my 30 days notice to leave VM.

I called as I usual do coming to the end of my contract to talk about renewing.   However this time the offer was a complete joke which I rejected straightaway. 

I  give my 30 days notice there and then, which was processed straight away.  

One point to make is I do not appreciate the 20 questions in regards to who I am going to got with for my BB needs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 20 questions are doubtless just an attempt to slow down the cancellation process or find a possible in-road in the conversation to convince the customer to stay.

Now you have cancelled, you may get a call from VM 'retentions' with a much-improved offer to try to get you to stay. No guarantees that will actually happen and it is often suggested on here to have marketing preferences turned on in MVM to allow the retentions call to take place.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The 20 questions are doubtless just an attempt to slow down the cancellation process or find a possible in-road in the conversation to convince the customer to stay.

Now you have cancelled, you may get a call from VM 'retentions' with a much-improved offer to try to get you to stay. No guarantees that will actually happen and it is often suggested on here to have marketing preferences turned on in MVM to allow the retentions call to take place.

Yeah the question about who you are switching to might well be for purposes of briefing the retentions team on how to pitch their next offer to you. 

In fairness this sounded like a relatively straightforward phone cancellation compared to many we see on here. 

Let's see how typical it becomes now that Ofcom are closely monitoring VM cancellations. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Thanks goslow.  There was a lot I never posted about the 20 questions remark but it was not to find common ground. It was an very uncomfortable upsale with no chance of any sort of deal.  Its a shame as over the 20 plus years I can count on one hand all the problem I have had with the delivered service.  

Yes, was easy and straightforward but after the ridiculous offer I received I more than willing to give notice.  Downside is I will have to make do with slower BB until  FTTP is finished being done in my area.  

nexus1972
On our wavelength

The tide is turning for VM - so many areas are getting the competition that was supposed to be created when all the different cable companies popped up, until VM bought them all out, and for years have had a virtual monopoly on broadband in the uk. Here in Southampton we have toob which for £25 a month gives 900mbit/900mbit up/down with no phone line required, fibre straight into the property. When I spoke to the engineer, the fibre is capable of much more than 900mbits for future growth. I'm hoping you get something similar wherever you are soon.

I agree with the initial retention attempt, it was ludicrous and I dismissed it immediately. Then when the retentions team called I told them I didnt even want to discuss it. Loyalty earns you nothing at VM, they only give you a decent deal when youre going to leave.

Hi @worf105, thank you for your posts.

We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us and about the poor experience you've had when cancelling 😔

We always take on board feedback we receive and will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams. 

If there's anything you'd like to discuss between now and the disconnection going through, please don't hesitate to contact us.

All the best for the future.

Regards,
Daniel

worf105
Tuning in

Hi all,

Update:  I did receive a call from retentions early afternoon on Monday (Notice given Saturday). Spoke with Brian who was great, he offered me a great deal (price) to stay and we discussed getting a Hub 5.  No go on the Hub 5 so I took the offer knowing i have my 14 day cool off period to contemplate the Hub 5 issue.  Almost been a week now and the Hub 5 issue is eating at me.  I am happy with the deal I got but not 18 month happy due to spending money on upgrading my home network to 2.5gig (router, 5 port 2.5 switch, Gaming rig built in 2.5g, NAS 2 x 2.5g & media server 2.5g). my home network is good but the thought of only achieving 947 through the 1 g port on hub 4 gets my goat.  my understanding is that when I use the cooling off period I will go back to the time before I took deal which I hope will be still on my notice period? Please advise if you can.

Hi worf105,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, glad to hear you were able to negotiate a new deal, if you do decide to cancel the new deal within the 14 days cooling off period you would revert back to the original package and contract term.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul for the quick response to my query.  Do I just call in again to cancel?