Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

30 days notice

We rang VM on Tuesday to give our required 30 days notice.  We're moving house later this month and the new address is not supplied by VM.  Our contract end date is 26th November anyway, so we gave the notice 30 days on Tuesday. 

Since this phone call we haven't received any correspondence except for an email about returning the equipment, but there is no date on that email.  We were told we would receive an email confirming we had given 30 days notice and confirmation of when our services would end, but this hasn't been forthcoming.  I've rung them again today and they are very unhelpful.  They actually said that they didn't have access to email!  Right now we have no confirmation that our 30 days notice has been accepted.  I've checked my My Virgin Media account and there is no indication on there either that we are in our notice period.   How can I get written confirmation that they have accepted our 30 days notice and the date the services will end?

We've also had broadband issues for over 2 hours this morning.  We are on the M350 broadband package and on my laptop (in the same room as the router) I normally get over 150mbps download speed when I do a speed test.  Since the downtime this morning, I'm getting no more than 40mbps download speed since the issues this morning.  I don't see why we should be paying for a super-charged broadband package, when we're no longer getting it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 days notice

Good Afternoon ianandmichelleb,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see we've not been able to give you any clarity in regards to the date the services will be disconnected. Can you tell me what date your due to move into your new property? 

If you issued us with your 30 day notice on Tuesday - this would have been 27/10 - meaning we would seek to end the services on 27/11

Can you also please advise if you've been issued with any returns packaging or if you were advised if this will be sent to your new property?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos