Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3 weeks texting bots and people, 1 hour on hold tonight

1) Where is this 8 digit password I keep being asked for before I can get anything done?

2) Nobody will tell me where it can be found until i give the passcode I am searching for.

3) My modem keeps overheating and dying.  i need a new one.  Should I sit in a corner and pray for one?  I have offered in text to buy one, I am desperate.

4) If my account does not exist then Why am I paying £48 a moth for internet and calling you on a virgin mobile contract phone? 

5) The system designed to not be kind and helpful to the customer.

6) It took two days and many hours on the phone to find a way to pay for the two mobiles on contract.  Eventually the last person made a new password for my mobile account.

7) why do I need 2 accounts for 2 mobiles? 1 account for my internet and another for this forum.

😎Why do I need so many passwords and verifications to speak to anyone or text?

9) Why do I give all my personal details to then be asked 2 minutes later for my name and account number again..

10) i like lists.... I wish Virgin Media had customer services.

FORGOT I have been texting the Virgin Media bot and representatives for nearly 3 weeks now.  even when they accept I dont have a password and are satisfied with the many requests for proof of whom I am I get told we will put you through to technical support.  Well I never have been.  I just wait 24-48 hours and I am back to the bot, then a person.  Kinda mad and is now becoming a game of how many years before I get my modem replaced using the easy option of texting.  Sp been on hold for 58 mins now on 150.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 3 weeks texting bots and people, 1 hour on hold tonight

cus GDPR IS STUPID

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im going to wait till thursday then upload the entire 3 weeks of chat to show how bad the experience is. I have told them hwo upsetting it is and it shows how rude the agents are to me too. Some just spam cut and paste paragraphs even when I ask them to stop. Others say they are going to help and never respond. its quite the joke now but equally frustrating. I feel for the people who are trying to cancel account but cant.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

if they can't confirm who you are they will not be able to access your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tangobaldy,

You are being asked  for your memorable word password. This will have been sent to you in an email or letter when you first signed up with VM

It's usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, town of birth, first school.

If you can't remember then don't enter anything and an agent should pick up and you should be able to answer other questions to confirm you are the account holder. Some examples would be your bank sort code, amount or date of last bill

You can ask them to send out a memorable word password reminder through the post.

Virgin have a separate system for mobiles which is why they separate the mobile account from the broadband/TV and phone account.

VM follow the same rules as other companies and due to GDPR you need to be verified as the account holder.  

It's possible if you have the older hub2 that you can process a free upgrade online to the hub3 using the following link hubswap  howevr you may see an error message, "Oops something's gone wrong" and if that's the case you will need to phone in instead.

The best time to call is first thing on a morning at 8am when lines are least busy. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tangobaldy, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and want to get this resolved for you. I will send you a private message. Chris 

0 Kudos