cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Virgin Cover Exterior Boxes with exposed wires & wire running behind hedge

norwood1
Tuning in

Hi,

There are 3 browni boxes outside our property with exposed wiring and they are all marked Virgin. There is also a long black thick wire which I understand provides internet service to one of the flats in the building that is tacked against the wall but then runs loosely behind some hedging which can easily be damaged or cut by the gardener maintaining the front and he has pointed out that he will not be liable on several occasions as the wire is exposed and loose  Is there any way that covers please can be put on these boxes and also something done about the long black wire running along the ground/back of hedges please.  I would be ever so grateful. The property is located in London SE27 9BX and photographs can of course be provided if required. 

A few years ago I reported a similar problem but it seems that when ever an engineer visits to sort out a problem the covers are removed and never put back and they are just so unsightly.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will charge £99 for coming out for non-faults.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will charge £99 for coming out for non-faults.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@norwood1 wrote:

Hi,

There are 3 browni boxes outside our property with exposed wiring and they are all marked Virgin. <snip>

Is there any way that covers please can be put on these boxes and also something done about the long black wire running along the ground/back of hedges please.  I would be ever so grateful. The property is located in London SE27 9BX and photographs can of course be provided if required. <snip>

Read a long, and very similar, recent post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cables-and-box-outside-the-building/td-p/...

Summarising the above, if it is a cosmetic tidy up required, cost is £99. If the boxes are damaged and need repairing (i.e. missing lids etc.) post up some clear, detailed photos showing the damage. Repairs to damaged VM cables/boxes should be FOC.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello norwood1

Can you please post a few pics

That way I can pass this over to an install manager to get these 3 boxes fixed 

Would you also be able send me a private message of the exact location please 

Don't worry about a £99 charge 

I am not sure why that was ever mentioned 

Gareth_L

Hi, sorry for late reply, some photos attached and I hope these are of assistance, it wont allow me to upload photos it says they are too big?  any suggestions? 

Thanks for coming back to us @norwood1, not a problem if the images are too big to post here. 

I will send over a private message to you now and we can get this booked in for you, please look out for the message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

DSC06364.JPGDSC06365.JPGDSC06366.JPGDSC06367.JPGDSC06368.JPG

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @norwood1,

Thank you for providing us with these photo's.

I will need to send you a private message, then I can get someone out to you asap!

Look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide