Menu
norwood1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

3 Virgin Cover Exterior Boxes with exposed wires & wire running behind hedge

Hi,

There are 3 browni boxes outside our property with exposed wiring and they are all marked Virgin. There is also a long black thick wire which I understand provides internet service to one of the flats in the building that is tacked against the wall but then runs loosely behind some hedging which can easily be damaged or cut by the gardener maintaining the front and he has pointed out that he will not be liable on several occasions as the wire is exposed and loose  Is there any way that covers please can be put on these boxes and also something done about the long black wire running along the ground/back of hedges please.  I would be ever so grateful. The property is located in London SE27 9BX and photographs can of course be provided if required. 

A few years ago I reported a similar problem but it seems that when ever an engineer visits to sort out a problem the covers are removed and never put back and they are just so unsightly.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 3 Virgin Cover Exterior Boxes with exposed wires & wire running behind hedge

They will charge £99 for coming out for non-faults.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 Virgin Cover Exterior Boxes with exposed wires & wire running behind hedge

@norwood1 wrote:

Hi,

There are 3 browni boxes outside our property with exposed wiring and they are all marked Virgin. <snip>

Is there any way that covers please can be put on these boxes and also something done about the long black wire running along the ground/back of hedges please.  I would be ever so grateful. The property is located in London SE27 9BX and photographs can of course be provided if required. <snip>

Read a long, and very similar, recent post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Cables-and-box-outside-the-building/td-p/...

Summarising the above, if it is a cosmetic tidy up required, cost is £99. If the boxes are damaged and need repairing (i.e. missing lids etc.) post up some clear, detailed photos showing the damage. Repairs to damaged VM cables/boxes should be FOC.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello norwood1

Can you please post a few pics

That way I can pass this over to an install manager to get these 3 boxes fixed 

Would you also be able send me a private message of the exact location please 

Don't worry about a £99 charge 

I am not sure why that was ever mentioned 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos