Menu
davjar
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2nd failed installation appointment

Signed up for Virgin Broadband and Phone, installation due 3 weeks later on 13.10.2020. Engineer turned up on time,  but external work not done. Engineer checked and said would be done by 16.10.2020 so  new appointment for connection on 16.10.2020. So after 1st date failed, guess what its now  17.20PM  on the 16.10.2020 and no sign of any engineer, no external work done and no message etc from Virgin. Wasted whole day hanging around. Tried phoning earlier around 3 pm this afternoon for any info as to what is happening and got 1st hand experience on why Virgin customer service rated so poorly.

Got through on the number in my emails, advisor tried to help by giving me number for construction team. This gave recorded message that office closed due to covid. Tried the other 0345 number and cut off numerous times after waiting for a lengthy time, decided to give the on line link a go by entering my mobile number and it just sent me a link referred to me to the standard help pages which are useless in this situation 

Good job I have not terminated my other service provider yet, but also have the alternate  option of taking BT/Openreach  FTTP service. Thinking of cancelling this Virgin arrangement based on this showing to date as can't notify anyone and no idea what will happen next. 

Anyone any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd failed installation appointment

Hi davjar,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation with the installation. If there's construction work needed this can cause delays sadly,

We can see if we're able to get some more information regarding time frames etc. I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
davjar
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Alex, Thanks for your reply I sent you the requested info, but for anyone else interested in this issue as far as I am aware its not construction work but the standard task of the external work to install a cable to the outer wall of my house. Whatever the issue, failing to let your customer know installation not taking place on 2nd appointed date when you have their mobile number, home phone, email address, etc, is not even close 21st century standard customer service and a disgraceful from a tech communications company. I really need some convincing that I should not cancel and go elsewhere. Please don't use covid as an excuse either.

My criticism is not levelled at you personally but the various people involved in the Virgin installation chain who must have known this appointment was not happening. There is nothing in my order page re this shambles.  I am not going to wait in the house for another appointment without a cast iron guarantee my personal  time will not be wasted 

0 Kudos
davjar
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, Since my last post some weeks ago, I attempted to get a further updates via this forum. Eventually got  a reply saying they would check and advise, got nothing further. Raised a complaint via the online process more than 2 weeks ago and no response to that to date. Then wthout any further contact or explanation, a new set of cable pull and install dates appeared in my online page for 9th and 10th November. Better than nothing I thought, even though nearly a month later that the 1st dates so I hoped 3rd time lucky

Surprise, surprise, I have had my 3rd Installation date fail today. Engineer turned up within his appointment time but yet again external work not completed. As usual no communication to me or the engineer who apologised and made checks with his manager. He was told the cable pull might happen later.  The engineer went to his next appointment. He called back 2 hours later. He was genuinely as helpful as he could be, but nothing had happened and it was dark so clearly cable pull  not going to happen. As usual I have no idea what happens next, no pro active communication from Virgin to mitigate this shambles. 

Thankfully I did not terminate my current provider, however I am now paying a much higher charge as I am out of contract. 

Virgin should abandon its irritatingly glossy TV campaigns and invest the money in its customer service and communications where its really needed. Last time I threatened I would cancel. I will be contacting Virgin in the morning to do that. I can opt for the BT or Sky FTTP service not quite as fast but I don't expect a shambolic saga to get the service. This is without doubt the worst customer service I have encountered in many years. I honestly could not recommend Virgin to anyone based on my experience. I expect it will not be straight forward experience to cancel either. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi davjar,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't been installed yet and the work needed still has not been carried out, I was unable to locate your account with the details we have.

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos