Menu
pcg33kuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

2FA and Complex Passwords

Why does Virgin Media's website not allow complex and 14 character passwords or ones with special characters, or allow you to use Multifactor Authentication.. 

In this day and age of securing personal data, i shouldn't be constrained by VmO2's inability and poor effectiveness at implementing security that isn't from 1998

How this passes PCI and PIII data tests is beyond me..

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2FA and Complex Passwords

Hi PCg33kuk, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with passwords looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to offer more help with this.

We take data protection and password strength very seriously here at Virgin Media, I have a link here that has loads of useful information in regards to setting up a strong password -

Password Security.

Just for future issues with the TV and for any other users that are looking at this thread for TV help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website- it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos