Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

2 Years on No improvement. Upgrade

So the Upgrading of service for existing customers hasn't got better.  Been with Virgin for over 15 years and still you don't see to understand the customer. 

Why do you insist that a new user should pay for £68 for a M500  and existing customers should pay £100. You realise this is DISCRIMINATION. Is it cause i'm a Jedi Master and not of this world.

All I Wanted was to upgrade to the M500 broadband for the £68 a month and told once again only open to new customers. Why show me it, why put me through the terrible communications. Fix your web page for upgrades it's been 2 years employs someone that can do it. You used to upgrade to web speed and services. You wanted extra £35 for setup, fine. just don't think for you hitting a key is worth the extra £32 a month, already have the M350 £60 a month.

You claim Covid isn't helping so how about helping out the customer and stop with this nonsense. And just in case you think I'm being nuts last time you upgraded me, after having to have a long rant. So stop making us lose our sanity.   

Tags (3)
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 Years on No improvement. Upgrade

Custom service agent has said can do £78 a month for M500 still £14 more than advertised. for exactly same connections.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

new customers are taken on at a loss to intice them, if they gave everyone the discount they'd go out of business

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And if every existing customer has to cancel account then do a new one it's just wasteful. Equipment, Time, Effort. No wonder Customer services is always jammed. If you have to keep shouting to get the same deal why not do it in the first place.  Take the Extra £35 for setup. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The only way you will get a new customer deal is to leave for 6 months and come back

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No not true. 2 years ago went through the same thing. It's a reoccurring thing. Got better deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

3 hours chatting to the Virgin staff and finally get £62 month for  M500.  Not the £100 .  We left the horse trading era last centry. Virgin do better.  Comes into effect in 30 days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@dannylau wrote:

new customers are taken on at a loss to intice them, if they gave everyone the discount they'd go out of business

Strange how the other ISPs aren't. Virgin is now the only remaining major ISP that refuses to allow existing customers to re-contract on new customer prices.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/virgin-resists-ofcom-pressure-to-offer-loyal-customers-same-broad...

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post.

Some offers will be for both new and existing customers but not all of them, these are subject to change. 

If you'd like to discuss new deals available for you please contact retention's on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 4.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the thought but 3hrs is enough for me for one day. If you want to contact me directly feel free too. My number is on record.

Generally if you have a running contract fee, new and old customers should be able to have the same rate. Not the introduction fee but the ongoing fee. Of course if your tied into a contract that should stop you but existing customers shouldn't have to go to this extreme.

Regards
0 Kudos