cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Accounts With Same Email Address

aharuna
Joining in

Over 10 years ago my mum used to pay for my Virgin Media mobile contract. When I got older, I think we called Virgin and asked them to switch over the account to me. I've also had broadband previously with Virgin at university. 

I've recently started another Virgin Media broadband contract - less than a month ago and it seems the old account has resurfaced. When I log into the My Virgin Media app, my mother's name can be seen. The account code and the area reference are different from the one's shown on my contract.

When I try to re-register the account to a different email, it's not possible.

When I have called Virgin the staff have tried to help but have lacked the expertise to be able to do so. 

This is a clear fundamental design error in the Virgin Media customer management application and needs to be resolved.

Has anyone else had and resolved this issue?

What's the best approach for me to take?

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @aharuna 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with an email in connection to 2 accounts. We want to best help. It appears the email address may still be attached to the old account. To bets look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

@aharuna  Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @aharuna 

Thanks for joining us on PM and allowing us to solve this for you 🙂

Please pop back to the community should you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill