cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 month - 25 % off email offer

HornetUK
Up to speed

I have seen the posts from a couple of weeks ago saying the email offers of new contracts are incorrect or don't work.  I've just received one today and the figure shown for 18 month contract seems to be right and a good offer.  It says TV 360 as my current package which it isn't I have three V6 boxes, would this new contract change my 3 boxes to 360?

Also has anyone taken one of these offers by email and it's actually worked?

Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @HornetUK 👋 Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

If you have had an email regarding a new offer and do have any questions about this or wish to take out the offer it would be best to contact our retentions team who will be happy to talk this through with you.

We are unable to arrange any package changes via the forum, however all contact details for the team can be found here.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan_B,

There are multiple posts from people on here who've received this email offer and have found that the teams on 150 or Webchat or Whatsapp know nothing about the offer and aren't able to implement it. The forum team are aware of the issues people have been having with this. Is the retention team now able to implement this offer or has nothing changed so far in this regard? Thanks.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HornetUK wrote:

I have seen the posts from a couple of weeks ago saying the email offers of new contracts are incorrect or don't work.  I've just received one today and the figure shown for 18 month contract seems to be right and a good offer.  It says TV 360 as my current package which it isn't I have three V6 boxes, would this new contract change my 3 boxes to 360?

Also has anyone taken one of these offers by email and it's actually worked?

Thanks 

No, you do not have to change. Migrating to the V360 Horizon platform is currently completely voluntary, but you must make Virgin aware you want to stay on TiVO V6 at the time the contract is changed. If you do change you will retain two V6 boxes, which will update automatically to V360 (with the loss of any recordings & other data). The third will be replaced by a diskless mini box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks @Nodrogd, can you not have three V6 boxes like I have now with 360?  Will the TIVO stay as it is as I'd like to keep that as the video sender works with that.

So not at simple as clicking sign here for the 18 month contract afterall!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HornetUK wrote:

Thanks @Nodrogd, can you not have three V6 boxes like I have now with 360?  Will the TIVO stay as it is as I'd like to keep that as the video sender works with that.

So not at simple as clicking sign here for the 18 month contract afterall!

V360 Horizon is a server based system owned by VMs parent company, that they have had to modify to work with local hard disks due to broadcaster restrictions in the UK. The servers can only cope with two recording locations, & these are amalgamated into one recording list. Hence the third box has to be diskless. TiVO V6 will continue for the time being, as Arris no longer manufacture the box now, so any replacements will be refurb units until the spares run out. The contract with TiVO to use the firmware will also not be renewed.

V360 boxes should still work with any video sender you already use with a V6. We are also not that far away from a major change to the way TV services are delivered on VM, as they move away from being a conventional cable operator.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I use the vidi sender with the scart TIVO output.  Works fine on the TIVO, but not V6.

I've tried online chat and call centre to sort keeping boxes as they are and having the new 18 month contract and both just say click accept on the email, but no guarantee being given about keeping boxes.  Why do VM make everything so difficult, surely it's simple to sort the offer and let me keep set up as is?!

Hi HornetUK,

Thanks for posting, so I can take a closer look at the details I've popped you over private message.

Alex_Rm

archercj
Fibre optic

I had an email 'offer' for my exisiting Ultimate Volt bundle with 2 360 boxes. I made the mistake of contacting via Whatsapp and having my current contract switched to a new 'like for like one'. Except the agent totally disabled one of 360 boxes and reduced channels on the other and dropped my speed from 1 gig to 500mbps. Not resolved yet but I am hopeful it will be tomorrow as I am being sent a new box as they couldnt sort the old one out remotely. LOL

Oh and the agent said the email offer (£76) wasnt correct and kindly offered me it at £144 and when I complained put me through to another agent who said £152.

kookie21
Joining in

I actioned this special offer over email and it worked fine but I don't have the set up you have. 

However, I am now about to phone and yet and roll back these changes to my account as believe I have been misold. What was offered as a new contract and 25% off my account has resulted in a loss of a number of channels I use regularly.ones that just a few months ago were promoted as "you're getting these HD channels for free" - it was not made clear that I'd lose channels and if I want those channels back I'd have to pay anorher £13 a month. I suspect I'll be told they can't just roll back and me have these channels back but we'll see. If I had just left my Contract as it wasn't í wouldn't have lost these channels. Now I don't have much more than freeview channels, and I've never felt cheated by my virgin media package and have never been on the top package. The slight name change to the package did not reflect the loss of these channels. Very underhanded. So what seemed like a good offer means by the end of the offer ill be paying more for less and now I'm just getting less which I'd expect to be paying less for anyway.

Underhanded.