Menu
FRUSTRATEDcusto
Tuning in
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

150 continually engaged

I realise that covid19 has presented us all with difficulties and many challenges, but it has not stopped Virgin from increasing its contracted prices and it now seems that the customer service line (150) is continually engaged! This is either due to a fault or perhaps all virgin customers are complaining about the increase all at once with all Virgin operatives working from home! My phone works perfectly well with any other calls, so I can rule out a fault at my end! Perhaps someone from Virgin can spare the time to get back to me as I would like to have a conversation within the prescribed month as per the email notification provided in order to change my package or quite migrate both of my accounts to a competitor! There is definitely not a lot of worth being a loyal customer since Telewest times it seems!

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 150 continually engaged

Hi there @FRUSTRATEDcusto

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post. Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. 

I have tested the 150 number from both a Virgin Media landline and a Virgin Media mobile and was connected without issue - I am sorry that you've struggled to contact us on that number recently. We've not had any reports of it being an engaged  tone but I have fed this back to be investigated just encase. 

We are busier than usual but I assure you we are doing all we can to answer all calls and texts as quickly as we possibly can.

Whilst we don't assist with package changes here on our Forums, you can pop us a text if you're struggling to call us and our Customer Care team will do what they can to help you out. Text us on 07533051809

Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

FRUSTRATEDcusto
Tuning in
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the text number Katie.

0 Kudos
Lillibet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've got the same issue and also been a customer since Telewest days, even their messenger option doesn't send.  No chat, so how one earth are can I get to speak to them. Our contract finished last year , and now an increase of £60 a year!  What happens if I cant to contact to change contract and this goes on for many months more? Its simply appalling service even with the issues re Covit, I'm fearful this will the service standard because Virgin simply don't care!

Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lilibet, 

I am really sorry you're having some issues speaking to the team this isn't good. 

I've just tested the lines from here and they seem fine, are things any better if you call us on 0345 454 1111? 

Do let us know 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
FRUSTRATEDcusto
Tuning in
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I did eventually get through to customer service using 150 but had to have three separate conversations with Virgin Media operatives working on the Philippines (English and heavy Phillipine accents did not assist here), before I was able to get through to someone who could at least try and assist me. I did try to text the mobile number provided above but no response before I decided to let Virgin know that I was leaving. Surprisingly, after that, I received a text back from someone who offered me one further review and I was able to accept an offer below that which I was paying and without the latest increase! Worth persevering if you would really like to stay with them!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Glad it got sorted for you @FRUSTRATEDcusto, thanks for letting us know and we'll ensure the experience is fed back. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lillibet
Tuning in
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou. Sounds like no changes to account for 6 months.  Grateful. I do want to talk about changes to package but at 75 I'd find it easier to speak to someone so will wait for better times. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

No worries @Lillibet, let us know how you get on.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
pollenpath
Tuning in
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. 150 constantly engaged and 0345 454 1111 just gives a long disconnected tone! I don't trust Virgin reps who claim 'all is working' from their end, they would say that. Anyway, I've found a brilliant deal with another provider and am only calling to tell Virgin that they can keep their grossly inflated out-of-contract tariff fees! I was already paying too much, considering I'm a single person and very light landline user. The new provider has a fantastic offer for the first 12 months (just over a third of what I'd be paying Virgin now that my contract has expired, and that's before the blanket monthly increase that's coming). After 12 months I'll be paying just over half of what Virgin now want to charge me, so there's no contest.

If I can't get through to them to tell them I'm leaving, I'll email and then cancel my DD. Unbelievably poor service, but not surprising given their rotten attitude to long-standing, loyal customers. Their retention deals are never that great in my experience anyway.