cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off period

DanielFleetwood
Tuning in

Just rang to cancel my contract within 14 days cooling off period (new customer). Is there any reason I need to give 30 days notice? £90 bill seems steep considering I’m cancelling within a week of joining?

12 REPLIES 12

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey DanielFleetwood, we're sorry to see you're still confused.
Could you please tell us what's the date you got installed and what is the date your disconnection will take place?
We will usually bill you for the month as normal and once disconnected our systems will read this and issue your final bill with pro-rate corrections and your final balance.
On that bill you should see only the billing period up until the disconnection date, does that make sense?

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

DanielFleetwood
Tuning in

Good afternoon. Reasons beyond my control, I have cancelled VM within 14 day cooling off period. I had a bill generated for £153 which is payable on 6th December which would have been my month, plus a month in advance.

I was told on the phone the other day that I owe £38 for services used.

When will my bill be updated in my account to show this? No way I am paying £153 on 6th December then waiting for a future bill with a credit on, then waiting for the cheque or whatever means of payment Virgin use these days.

Hi Daniel,

If you have now cancelled a final bill would have been generated and sent by Email, have you checked to see if this has been received?

Regards

Paul.