cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off period

dibberly
Dialled in

Hi guys

upgraded my account to the ultimate volt package with the new 360 boxes. Only had them in a couple of days and no one in the household like them.

if I cancelled the upgrade as I am within the 14 days, would virgin reactivate the old TiVo boxes (not v6 ones but previous ones) like the old contract or am I stuck with these? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your feedback @dibberly.0345 454 1111

If you want to change your package back to one of the old boxes, please get in touch with our team on 0345 454 1111 who can best help.

You may also find the following link useful in getting the best out of your TV 360 https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Virgin-TV-360-User-Guide.pdf.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dibberly,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are unhappy with your recent upgrade.

As we do no longer issue out Tivo boxes, if you were to cancel or downgrade, it is not likely that we would reissue that to you. Are you able to further expand on the issues you are having with your new TV box? Is there anything we can help with?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

• Hi, thanks for replying 

i still have the old boxes as it was a self install so would just be a matter of plugging in and making them active which I am sure can be done easily. 

I wouldn’t say I’m having any issues with the new boxes, it’s just features that are not on the new ones which are really useful (and reading around I’m not the only one). Eg mini guide, program first aired info, managing series links, how all recordings are mixed up between mine & other members of the household, unable to transfer series links, continue watching programs that the box downstairs watched which comes on the mini box upstairs just to name a few. You don’t really know how useful and how much u used the features until they are gone. 

the boxes are a good idea if only 1 person watches it but if u have multiple boxes and multiple people…it’s a living nightmare

imagine having 1 mobile phone for the whole household  all ure contacts, pictures, text messages, emails etc are mixed up and u have to sort though to find what u want

I tried to keep the old boxes on the volt package but virgins system would not allow it so I had to upgrade with the new boxes

Thank you for your feedback @dibberly.0345 454 1111

If you want to change your package back to one of the old boxes, please get in touch with our team on 0345 454 1111 who can best help.

You may also find the following link useful in getting the best out of your TV 360 https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Virgin-TV-360-User-Guide.pdf.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi

thats where it normally goes wrong!!

will give them a try on my day off, thanks for ure help in this matter 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dibberly wrote:
  •  continue watching programs that the box downstairs watched which comes on the mini box upstairs just to name a few.

To watch a paused program on the Mini box  you need to press Record on the main box 

Then on the Mini box  press My Shows and scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of 360 boxes you have connected

Select the mini box press OK  then choose the show you want to watch and press OK

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks dave

I know how it works but the 2 boxes are watched by different people. I don’t really care what is watched on the other box but it always show it in the menus on the mini box and probably vice versa

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by this? Are you able to further expand on this @dibberly.

Is this in regards to the TV guide? https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Virgin-TV-360-User-Guide.pdf.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I will try my best  

Box 1 watches eg countdown. Pauses it and goes to box 2 to continue watching it. Which is ok because 2 boxes serves 1 person with the same interest for example. 

I have 2 boxes in the house watched by 2 different people with different interests, when I press menu, I can see on the mini box that box1 has watched programs which I have absolutely no interest in but it shows in my menus.

I was hoping that profiles would stop that from happening 

hope that makes more sense 🙏

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi agian @dibberly 

You can separate the recording by boxes but I'm afraid you ca't do the same by profile.

To separate by boxes go to Saved > Recordings > Recorded (See all) > 

Then go to the top of the screen and click on Recorded then select recorded on this Virgin TV box.

To fine tune the recordings so you can determine which box it's recorded on you can do the following:-

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on.

It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one.

So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset.

You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali