Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

£100 install per Multiroom box. Really?

Been on to retentions.  They would not move from the £100 charge they want to make for a multiroom box.

As I said in another post on the V6 section, if they used Ethernet or WiFi there would be no need for this outrageous charge.

Looks like I am off to Sky after being a loyal VM customer for 12 years (and ten years at my previous property). My girlfriend and my neighbours rate Sky highly.

Pity you won't come to your senses VM and will lose customers like me and others who are your bedrock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: £100 install per Multiroom box. Really?

Asking around some other people, they got this install fee waved....  Or reduced to a very much smaller fee.  Seems odd VM want to punish me for the temerity of renegotiating my package and charge £100.  I must have poured £20000 at least into VM over 20 years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will get a better deal with Sky. You are a new customer. Virgin are treating you as an existing customer. Sky do the same if you add services to an existing contract.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Even more annoying and contemptible then.  Just have to play them at their game and leave.  Which I what I will do as a matter of principle and, if need be, keep toing and froing between them to get the best deal at contract end.  Seriously, what a waste of everyone's time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@vader wrote:

Even more annoying and contemptible then.  Just have to play them at their game and leave.  Which I what I will do as a matter of principle and, if need be, keep toing and froing between them to get the best deal at contract end.  Seriously, what a waste of everyone's time.

Full marks and a gold star to you courtesy of OFCOM for continually switching providers & making their competition figures look good. It is after all the regulators that have encouraged this very situation. It has been noticeable that they always turned a blind eye to people complaining about providers doing this.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I agree.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just as an heads up and to close the thread, I managed to strike a deal with VM so I am staying.

0 Kudos