cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£100 Amazon Voucher

bennss1996
Joining in

Hi, 

I was told upon purchasing my broadband 3 months ago that I would receive a £100 amazon gift voucher within 120 days. It has now been 120 days and I have still not received an email or a letter including this. Could someone please chase this up for me as I am really disappointed. I have rang virgin sales team and they told me to speak to amazon. I rang amazon and now they have told me to speak to giftcloud who issue the vouchers. I have emailed giftcloud with no response and cannot find a number to contact them.

Thanks.

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ben,

The details for claiming vouchers are in my post <<< here >>> 

The info is taken from an email from giftcloud which I received when ordering.

Also notice the T&C's point 4, 5 and 6 and especially point 17

4. Gift card only eligible on online purchases made via the Giftcloud link provided. Offer not available for purchases made via the telephone or web chat.. Offer not available through any other website or third party link, and cannot be claimed in conjunction with cashback or any other 3rd party offer

5. If you are using the web browser Safari, your sale may not track. Please use an alternative web browser to complete your purchase.

6. If you navigate away from the page during the sale process, we may not be able to track your sale and you will not qualify for your gift card.

17. Release of the gift card is the responsibility of MoneySuperMarket Group once authorised by Virgin Media, and cannot be redeemed from the provider directly. If you have any questions regarding the offer, please contact vouchers@broadbandchoices.co.uk

You will need to quote the following:

1.your purchase date,

2. the product/package purchased

3. Order ref. (beginning with either WS followed by 7 digits or CH followed by 10 digits).

4. If you have a link to the T&C (not required)

There is also an additional contact link if the above doesn't help  https://rewards.giftcloud.com/contact-us

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bennss1996

Thanks for your post

Please follow the steps above listed by the very helpful newapollo and keep us updated with how you get on, this should see your issue resolved 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I must observe that there's quite a lot of posts about Amazon vouchers not been supplied and indeed other failures to deliver sales incentives that VM promised.  Reading the T&Cs for the £100 Amazon voucher, they are truly appalling - eg not working with the web browser of the world's largest tech company (Apple), but other aspects that seem to me arbitrary, unhelpful, and worst of all not in the slightest bit obvious to a regular customer.  Yes, it is possible to make a compliant claim, but it easy to be non-complaint and not know it, and it is also impossible to prove after the event that a purchase was fully compliant.  There are words to describe these T&Cs, they aren't words that I'd get away with using in this forum. 

I'm not sure legally how these would stand up - it seems VM have designed the incentive to be as difficult to claim as might be possible, with zero comeback on VM when things go wrong.  There are rules on unfair contract terms, on sales incentives, on the binding nature of promises by or on behalf of the supplier, as well as telco industry regulation on "fairness", but for most people who are having problems, I'm sure they'd not have the fortitude, knowledge or logic skills to fight the multiple parties involved, some of whom have adjudication schemes, some who won't, and where all concerned will point to the T&Cs saying "Ha! You see, YOU didn't meet all our conditions, and chances are you can't prove that you did, you should have read all the small print and kept a video record of your purchase, so hard ****ing luck!  Hahahhahaaa!"

I daresay somebody in Virgin Media is pinging their marketing braces, and high fiving their colleagues because so many people signed up on this offer, but so many vouchers have not been paid thanks to the intentionally appalling scheme design.  For anybody who finds themselves in this Catch 22 situation, I'd encourage you to complaint to Virgin Media.  VM will fob this complaint off, but then you escalate your complaint to CISAS for adjudication.  Depending on the detail of your case you may or may not win with CISAS, but simply complaining to CISAS will (regardless of outcome) erase the gains that VM are making through such a wilfully complex and unfavourable scheme design.