cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who else has had to buy a new phone due to switch over?

gycustomer
Joining in

From copper cable to internet  change has cost me £150 new phone due to old one fried?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gycustomer wrote:

From copper cable to internet  change has cost me £150 new phone due to old one fried?

When there are phone compatibility issues with the switchover, this normally applies to older phones (early 2000s and before). The problems usually relate to the phone not ringing for an incoming call.

In what way was your old phone 'fried' and how did this relate to the phone switchover?

As an engineer, when it failed and the virgin media tech fitted a suppressor it doesn't take long to put 2 and 2 together.. Issue is reported to ofcom and appointed solicitor as this is a major case that will be taken on.

@gycustomer wrote:

As an engineer, when it failed and the virgin media tech fitted a suppressor it doesn't take long to put 2 and 2 together.. Issue is reported to ofcom and appointed solicitor as this is a major case that will be taken on.

Whereabouts in the chain of equipment did the VM tech fit the 'suppressor'? Was any other equipment affected or just your phone?

If you think VM's equipment, or the VM tech, damaged your phone, you can raise a formal complaint to VM first of all and then escalate to arbitration

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

which is a free service (to you but not to VM).

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gycustomer 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had to purchase a new handset due to the switchover. I'm going to drop you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ