Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: what the hell is going on virgin!

I actually feel like giving in and saying [REMOVED] it. Ive been on the phone trying to get through to someone to sort this issue out for at least 2 hours tonight. At one point getting disconnected after literally 5 mins of getting through to a voice. This is making me think Ill have a chat with the other half and when all the furore with COVID-19 has blown over consider taking services elsewhere. I will NOT pay 75 quid a month and get appaling customer service. You want my cash? Fine take my cash BUT when I require customer service at least have the courtesy to do something to help resolve my issue when I get in touch and it needs to be done!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 27
Flag for a moderator

WOW! I need to get my phone line back urgently and get NO satisfaction. But the moment I add one expletive into a reply...It gets moderated and edited! If your staff are free to do those actions then surely they can damn well sort my issue out. Just as an added bonus Ive contacted the Metro paper regarding this issue......
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Honestly VM are you going to SORT this issue out. I was told itd be sorted within 72 hours and that was Tuesday of LAST week. Its now 7 days later. I expect some form of compensation for this. As requested in an earlier post, I want this issue escalated to 2nd/3rd Line Support.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Imacilroy, 

Thank you for getting back to us and apologies for the delay. Due to the current circumstances, responses may take longer than usual. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to action your request from here as it would need to be the sales team that you speak to. Have you given the team a call on the number provided by my colleague? 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 27
Flag for a moderator

But WHY should i have to do that! Lets put this into perspective. It was quite easy for my number to originally get slammed by TalkTalk. You tell me I have to get in touch with them. So i do. They get ancy and say I cant access the account associated with my number that got slammed by them. i tell them a few choice words. I come back to you. Tell you the situation. I get told OK in that case we can give you a temporary landline number that will take up to 72 hours to process. I also get told that you were going to put a request into TalkTalk to have my number transferred back to my VM account as it hadnt fully transferred to TalkTalk anyway so that I was able to recover my number. I wait. I wait. I wait some more. Now im getting told that this hasnt been done because I am supposed to get in touch with the sales team to have it all transferred to a "new account". What absolute bloody waffle! Mark my words I am somebody you do NOT want to try and sugar coat things with. I will NOT take any persons BS. We are noticing a pattern here. I tell you whats wrong. You tell me what you can do then go back on your word. So yet it is left down to the customer AGAIN to sort an issue out - An issue might I remind you was NOT the fault of a customer but a corporate business who does not give a monkeys nuts about their customers when it comes to the crunch. What sort of customer service is this. It seems to me that you are REFUSING to give my number back. You do know that is now breaking statute law. Remember OFCOM regulations - I have EVERY right to request my original number back without having to sort this out myself. Now VM get your damn act together. PLEASE!

I now request this matter is escalated to a manager to get in touch and suggest a REAL solution to my issue. VM you KNOW which option can surely ONLY settle this issue even without me having to tell you!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know. I have contacted the BBC and Metro regarding this issue. Maybe they can back my corner up and ask you on my behalf what the hell is going on!
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello @lmacilroy

After checking your account we can see that your request has been staged to the correct team to get your line back up and running - this will be done as quickly as possible. We can only apologise about any delay. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Under OFCOM regulations I am also entitled to compensation due to loss of service through NO fault of my own. I believe this is under OFCOMS' "Automatic Compensation" guidelines.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Any news regarding my issue. Im told my line will be back up and running ASAP...yet 72 hours later (allowing for standard time to get a line up and running) it still hasnt been sorted.

I think its time this issue was dealt with by the complaints department. I wish a member of the complaints department to be allocated to this case.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi lmacilroy,

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused, especially given the current events. I've had a thorough look into this for you and can provide the following:-

Talk Talk sent us the request on the 04/02/20 to be ported later in the month. Industry Data Protection checks were passed and there was no reason for us to reject the order. We accepted the port request and it was built onto your account with the industry 7 day porting window. Talk Talk contacted us to trigger the port and it was completed.

I would like to note that the Industry and Ofcom guidelines allow Operators to port numbers easily however there are still checks made and data protection to be passed. A typo in your postcode for example would have required us to reject the order. We don't question why a customer wants to leave us which explains why you was not contacted and the onus is on the gaining provider to have obtained consent. They will have obtained the correct information for the port and submit it to us.

Given the exceptional circumstances that we are in and we want to help, we can raise a standard order to get the line back on. However we will not be able to look at bundles or your contract unless you speak to Customer Services to look at offers.

Please also bear in mind that if the number that is ported to Talk Talk is under your name, we strongly advise that you speak to them and ask them to investigate. This is because once we request for the number to be ported back to us, it effectively cancels the landline service with Talk Talk on your behalf and may mess up any contracts/offers that is on the Talk Talk account.

Given the above, please let us know whether you still want us to raise an order to add the number back onto the account. If so, please be aware that it can take up to 10 working days for it to come back to us.

^Martin

0 Kudos