cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin refuses to talk to me about my landline fault

patzie
Tuning in

my landline failed 12th march it still hasn't been fixed by the 16th

have tried calling the 1111 number but after being passed through to the 9th "technician" they said they had to do some checks and would ring me back  -  they of course haven't

there is no point ringing the 1111 number as the call centres cant fix my problem and fob me off to someone else - is there a human being who doesnt follow scripts working at virgin that i can speak to?

jhoane and sam mitchell both put their hand on their hearts and promised they would not fob me off but I expect they are getting palpatations now after passing me on

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @patzie,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to see this. 

Can you please tell me if you have been informed of any outages in your area? Have you tried using a new handset?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

there are no outages in my area

tried two different handsets have now been informed I have to buy a wirefree handset as the new hub doesnt connect with older style phones

I have shelled out another £100 for a bt standard cordless phone and awaiting delivery - if this works then the 1111support team should be made aware of this additional cost to virgin customers

my only shred of comfort is that my new neighbour heard me blowing my top with the 9 "customer support" techs and has decided to go BT

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @patzie,

Please do let me know how it goes with the new handset you have ordered.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

please have your hub phone adaptor checked.an vm engineer done out phone swap to the hub and we could not phone out or in due to him leaving the job half done and the 2nd engineer that came out two days later found the adaptor was faulty he replace it and service was back up he was here 20 mins or less

Hi bulldog,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that we had installed a faulty adaptor when switching over to our new phone systems. 

We're glad the 2nd engineer managed to get this issue resolved in a short period of time for you.

Unfortunately, sometimes we are not to know the adaptors are faulty until it comes to using them. 

If you have any further issues in the future regarding the new phone service, please post back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Is this some kind of favouritism? I've been waiting two weeks now
The explanations and fix dates are becoming ridiculous
No, seriously, RIDICULOUS!

What has gone wrong at VM?
It is becoming dire. I cannot understand why, over time
the level of service has deteriorated
Dont blame covid, that is ancient history now

Hi Oyster

Sorry to hear this

We still have an issue in the local area which is due to be fixed on or around the 21/03/22

It is logged under reference number F009690684   

If you pop back on here, we can chase this up for you 

Gareth_L