Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

virgin media lost my phone number, can an admin on here try and help me to get it back

I was with Virgin media originally but my contract ended and i didn't get offered a good deal so i switched to sky, but the speed was to slow and then virgin offered me a better deal and i switched back before my cooling off period with sky. 

on the first of October, i switch back to virgin media and told them i wanted to keep my number, so i phoned them back up on the 7th of October and they said the port had gone through on my account and my number was transferred back to virgin media, so i the phoned up sky to inform them i was switching back to virgin media and agree to close my line on the 22 of October, but i noticed that the line was still not active with virgin media, and when i called the number it was still ringing on the sky line.. so on the 12th i phoned up virgin media to make sure everything had switched over, i told them the number was ringing with sky. they told me that virgin and sky use the same infrastructure and i shouldn't worry.

so on the 22ed of October, my skyline went dead and now when i phone my phone number it says invalid number... on my virgin media account my landline number is linked into my account.

so as soon as i realised i phoned up virgin media and they said they would escalate it..

but im concerned because was supported to have been escalated on the 12 of October when my line had not been set up yet.. but nothing ever came off that..

my parents have had this landline number since they moved in this house about 40 years ago, i feel like i did everything according to Ofcom rules. and my parents will kill me i have lost the number.

When i left virgin media for sky an American caused chaos on my account, a woman from virgin media needed to file a report on him after looking at my details, so i wonder if this guy did this deliberately to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media lost my phone number, can an admin on here try and help me to get it back

Hi skunk_monkey,

Thanks for posting on the community forums. I'm sorry to hear that there's been a few problems regarding your number port request, from reading your post I can imagine this must be causing you some stress. This isn't what we want at all so I'm going to do my best to help.

When you switched back to us, did the team open a new account for you or did they continue to use your previous one? 

Have you tried calling a mobile number from your Virgin landline to check which number is showing? If your old number isn't showing when you do this, please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media lost my phone number, can an admin on here try and help me to get it back

Thank you for your reply,

their is no dial tone, on my account it shows my number being linked on my bill, but when i phone it i get invalid number error. 

When i switched backed to Virgin media, i kept the exact same account, my virgin broadband was never disconnected because i kept both lines opened, so when i had sky i had virgin at the same time. so never lost my virgin broadband. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi skunk_monkey, 

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've tried to provision the number on your account for you now - can you please now try calling the landline from a mobile number and also make an outgoing call to see what the new result is?

My colleague is going to get in touch with BT and Sky so we can get some clarification on where the number is, so once we hear back from them we will let you know.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

when i call my mobile from the landline, i receive the call from the correct number, but when i call the landline i still get invalid number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for testing that for me skunk_monkey.

We'll get in touch with Sky in regards to the number so we can get a better idea of what's happening and we will be back in touch with you here as soon as we can.

We appreciate your patience with this and sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

i have another problem, i just got an email from an old inactive virgin media account saying i have a new monthly bill etc. i think virgin are making changes on the wrong account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

This is skunk_monkey. This account is now shares the same email with my virgin media account. sorry about the confusion 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

i just received an email saying i have a ££125.28 charge on the account linked to this email address,  this account has been inactive for years

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi skunk_monkey,

Can you please confirm when this inactive Virgin Media account was closed? There should be no reason why you're getting billed against a former account.

Are you certain that your old account has not been merged with your current account with us, and so the charges received are linked to your current account? Have you been able to see what the charges were for exactly?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos