cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating your backup line

levarre1965
Tuning in

Just like another post on here I've received a letter saying that my emergency backup line needs updating, but seeing as the installation was only done on the 22nd Feb and i have the newer phone (motorola fw500) is it safe to assume that i have been sent this in error and do not need to waste time booking a technician

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there levarre1965,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the confusion, to clarify have you had a backlup line installed by our team recently?

Regards,

Kain

Sorry - just to be clear - the letter states "we're updating your backup line". What the technician did when he called on the 22nd Feb was to swap my old wifi hub (because my old one wasn't compatible) for the latest hub and also installed a Motorola FW500 emergency phone.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, 

So just from checking our service there doesn't seem to be any indication that the line does needs to be changed so I would advise that the message would be sent in error however if you do receive any more communication then pop back up to the team.

Regards,

Kain

okay - thank you for your quick reply

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem,

Take care for now!

Kain

Hi, I have received another letter advising me to book a technician to keep using my emergency backup line. As previously stated, I have the latest phone, so i don't know what a technician callout could possibly achieve, other than wasting my time and theirs, could someone please look into this for me.

Hey @levarre1965,

Thanks for coming back to us, sorry to hear you have been getting these sent out to you again. Can you confirm for me the date on these letters as to when they were sent. Can you also confirm does it state a date in which this switch is happening? Looking into the system I don't see anything booked in your account to confirm any changes, let me know what the letter states.

Thanks. Joe

Hi, the date of the first letter was 29/03.2023, the second is dated 04/05/2023, there is no exact date as to the switchover, it just says that if you haven't replaced your device by the end of August, you'll still be able to use the phone to dial 999, but not any UK numbers.

Hey @levarre1965,

Thanks for confirming that, from the information you have provided I would not say you need to get another device provided, what I would suggest is that you disregard these letters and keep an eye on your account to see if any appointments are booked in, you can do this here

Let me know if you want me to look into this further.

Cheers. Joe