Menu
Veryannoyed2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

unrequested fixed line number changed

The CORONA virus vaccination team tried to call my wife on our Virginmedia house phone to make an appointment. Unbeknown to us Virgin has changed the number? Fortunately, the local clinic had my mobile number and we were able to get notification through them. I have no idea when this was done and why. I have been trying to get through to Virgin support to try and get the problem fixed, but all the normal lines of communication are blocked? How do I get this fixed?

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: unrequested fixed line number changed

Hi Veryannoyed2,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for posting. I'm truly sorry for any issues you've had with your landline, we'd be happy to help with this.

I can assure you that we would never look to change a customer's landline number without their express request/permission. Silly question, have you tried dialling the correct number to see if you're able to get through?

If you have trouble calling your own landline, could you let me know what happens when you test it? Is there an error message or certain sound that you hear?

Have you also checked the outgoing number by performing a test call from your landline to another phone? Is the correct number displayed?

Thanks,

Rachael

Veryannoyed2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the answer to all of your questions is:-

The original number rings for a long time, no-one has answered it yet. 

The new number is able to make outgoing calls and receive incoming calls

Also I can't call your support centre using 150?

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming. I'd like to take a closer look at this as it sounds like there may be some kind of crossed line.

I'll need to clear account security with you and discuss a few other details. I'll send you a private message now to complete this, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

We are aware of an intermittent issue affecting some customers trying to call in, but our phone lines are still operational. If you are experiencing a fault, you may find that there's a problem routing your call through to us.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos