Menu
gm2007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

unplug my landline to stop nuisance call

hi, 

i started to received the nuisance calls since the end of Dec 2020, now, very predicable two-three calls every other morning. (every even days, eg, 2nd, 4th, 6th of Jan). 

Some called claimed as Technical department from VM, some just went silent or just hung up when answered.

The numbers changed every time when checked by 1471.  I have registered to TPS. 

Now the most effective way is unplug the landline. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: unplug my landline to stop nuisance call

Hi there gm2007 and sorry to hear about the nuisance calls you've been receiving. I can confirm that we only call our customers when expecting a call back and we prefer to communicate technical issues via your online account and via our service checker  . Please ignore such calls and never give out any details to them and see this link about such calls.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
gm2007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Lisa,

Thanks for replying me here. 

Yes, that's what i thought as somebody claimed as BT technical department called previously.  I didn't believe them. 

the problem now is i can NOT stop these nuisance calls with my current handsets/service packages.  It is quiet after unplugging the line. hopefully, i will replug it back next month with no or less nuisance calls.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are the calls from unknown numbers or from different visible numbers? We do have some features available for landline which you can find here   that may help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
gm2007
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa, Considering the constantly number changing for nuisance calls and no-use of landline, i personally think it is better for me to unplug it rather than pay extra call features in my case.
0 Kudos