Menu
Steve_Clayton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

unable to register account

Hi anyone,

I am trying to register my father's virgin media account online for him but am being told that - "We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account or Web Safe settings at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account and make your Web Safe settings at the time of installation". I have tried this a number of times on different occasions over the last 12 months with the same result.

My father has only got a phone, i.e. no TV, broadband or mobile. Is this why I can't create an account for him.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to register account

Sorry to hear of this Steve_Clayton, have you been able to create your account since your last post?

If not please let me know and we can look into this further via a private message.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steve_Clayton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, still no joy

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Steve_Clayton,

It doesn't matter what services your father has as he should still be able to set up the account. Can you describe which page exactly that throws up an error, is it after the Websafe and Child Safe page right at the end?

Can I ask whether you have tried a different email address to see if it works?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Steve_Clayton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I attempt to register the following way;

1. go to this page to register - https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register?intcmpid=Link_MyVMlgdout_Register
2. fill in his 9 digit account number and 2 digit area reference - now at this point on his bill his account number is only 8 digits so I have prefixed it with a 0 (the same as mine)
3. I use an old email address of mine that I use for his gas/electricity, fill in password and security details and hit register
4. The next page displays the following error message;

"We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account or Web Safe settings at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account and make your Web Safe settings at the time of installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

5. I tried again using a different email address and get the same result - (I have to say getting the password valid is tricky as there is zero help with how long, what characters are allowed, etc.)

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Steve_Clayton

Sorry to see this issue has been dragging on for an extended period of time

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Robaitch
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

20+ times I have tried and am always told “Sorry, we are not able to set up your Virgin Media account at the moment, please try again later...” .... this is on behalf of my 90-year-old uncle, I have been trying since last November, it’s shocking, nobody I have spoken to on the phone has been able to tell me why, just to try online, not with the App, or try the App, not online, or try online, not the App... pathetic..... oh, try a different email address... try a different personal detail question... nothing works...

0 Kudos