cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talk more anytime

Hampshire
Joining in

Hi I have the talk more anytime bundle and have been told that if a call goes over 60 minutes i am billed for all minutes. e.g. call lasts 61 minutes I have to pay for 61 minutes not just the 1 minute. Is this correct?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You pay for the 61min onwards if it goes over an hour

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Hampshire

That doesn't sound correct. The charge is for the excess minutes over 60 mins.

Last happened on my bill May 2020 on a 63 minute call and I was charged for the extra 3 mins only.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You pay for the 61min onwards if it goes over an hour

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Hampshire

That doesn't sound correct. The charge is for the excess minutes over 60 mins.

Last happened on my bill May 2020 on a 63 minute call and I was charged for the extra 3 mins only.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 1st 60 minutes of a call are inclusive of your package charge. So anything over this is chargeable, unless you hang up before 60 minutes & redial, therefore starting another inclusive 60 minute call

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been mugged by the 60 minute rule, of which I was completely unaware. I'm on a Talk Anytime package, which implies no limitsvm tariff.png, and on the tariff details on the website there is no mention of this.  Virgin's business model is obviously to rip off new customers and hope there is an inexhaustible supply of new mugs to take their place when they leave.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just been mugged by the 60 minute rule, of which I was completely unaware. I'm on a Talk Anytime package, which implies no limitsvm tariff.png, and on the tariff details on the website there is no mention of this.  Virgin's business model is obviously to rip off new customers and hope there is an inexhaustible supply of new mugs to take their place when they leave.

I notice you don’t show the notes at the bottom of the section you posted that clearly state the 60 minute rule. All packages from landline providers have this rule to prevent abuse of the system by people leaving lines open all evening.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The bottom part of the expanded "info" box with the condition highlighted:

60 mins.jpg