Menu
deaglecat
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

switch voicemail off. now resets contract duration

we asked for voicemail to be turned off yesterday and were told that this did not affect our contract.     however on the paperwork we have now been sent, the contract duration is now reset back to 12 months remaining,       

we were not advised of this and do not agree to the contract term being reset.    

switching off voicemail should really be a self service action anyway.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
deaglecat
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to turn off voicemail on landline

did anyone else get their contract duration remaining reset  when getting voicemail switched off ?    we did when we asked virgin to turn of voicemail.      

virgin should really make this clear and it really should be a user service option

(we have complained)

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: switch voicemail off. now resets contract duration

Hi Deaglecat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that there's been some confusion with the contract after removing the free Voicemail service, I can appreciate your concern. 

Removing Voicemail wouldn't agree a new 12 month contract so I understand why you're keen to know no other changes have been made including your contract length. 

I will need to have a closer look at your account and see what's going on, to do this I need to pop you a personal message an request some details. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
blackandtan
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've just checked mine and it still says its an 18 month contract. Yours must be a mistake so fingers crossed they get it sorted out for you.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me assist with this, please do come back to us if you need anything else 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos