Menu
Jamie-T
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

still can't call 150

Does anyone else have an issue calling 150 from their VM landline? Had it for over a week...

All I get is 3 error tones on a loop (basically the number you have dialled could not be recognised).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: still can't call 150

Hi Jamie-T,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a lot of trouble trying to reach us over the phone, we are aware that our lines are a lot busier than usual at the moment and appreciate this must be frustrating. 

If there anything we can help you with from here at all?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Jamie-T
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, 

The problem isn't that the line is busy, it's that it doesn't even ring or connect.

I'm having Broadband issues and can't seem to get any help.

Paul_DN was trying to help Tuesday, but has since stopped responding to PMs

Thanks, Jamie

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamie,

I understand  - when the lines do get extremely busy this can cause issues with new calls trying to connect. 

Paul is off shift today, so he will respond to your PM when he is next in 🙂

I've just had a look over your conversation with him - can you confirm if you did try your hub in modem mode and tested to see if you have the same issues when only one device is connected?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Jamie-T
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

I tried to, but when the hub went in to modem mode, I had a red light on the front and nothing could connect to it (lan cable connections) at all - even to the router's ip. In the end, I had to factory reset it again to get back in to it.

Jamie

0 Kudos
Mintman
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to call via 150 but it will not connect just makes a strange sound yet all other calls ok. I need to get in touch as I keep getting calls saying my broadband will be disconnected. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Mintman,

Sorry to hear that you have not been able to get in touch. We would not call you to advise this. Here are some ways at safeguarding against nuisance calls: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-nuisance-calls

Cheers,

Corey C 

0 Kudos
Mintman
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Again today I got a phone call on my landline saying that my broadband will be switched off in the next 24/48 hours from 01410295402.

I am a 69 year old man who can just about get around the internet and use it only for paying bills. As I am writing this I have had another call this time from 05422590670 please assist me. I have tried to use the free number 150 with no success also 0345 454 1111 I am getting fed up with these calls and will change my provider go over to Sky

Peter

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Mintman

These are not calls from virgin media, these are spam calls, we would not call our customers to advise that there internet is being disconnected. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Mintman
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Zak

But I still want to get in touch with Customer Services but the above phone numbers will not allow me to. Any suggestions please

Peter

0 Kudos