Menu
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"Crossed Line" and Refusal to Correct Fault

I have a VirginMobile pay-monthly phone.
My wife has a VirginMobile pay-monthly mobile phone.
We have a VirginMedia landline.

We have an intermittent fault somewhere between VirginMedia and VirginMobile.

When I call in to the land line from either of our mobile phones sometimes both ends get a blank line and the VirginMobile caller has to ring back up to four times.

Also occasionally, my wife on her VirginMobile will call the virginmedia landline, the caller ID on the VirginMedia landline will say it is her, however when I answer, I end up talking to a strange person, and my wife gets connected to her mobile phone answer machine. 

VirginMobile say that it's obviously a VirginMedia issue as it is due to the connection. They have been lovely, and understand the issue and find it puzzling that VirginMedia refuse to accept responsibility.

VirginMedia say nothing is wrong with their system and are unwilling to do anything else. They outright refuse to do anything.

I have replaced my landline phone. I have tried different mobile phones and the fault still occurs.

VirginMedia say that it is pointless in me asking for a refund for a faulty service, as accounts will just pass me on to the "technical" team who will again refuse to sort the issue yet again.

Please can someone here please help me? Pleeaassee?

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Crossed Line" and Refusal to Correct Fault

Hi mildenhall, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service, a crossed line is when the lines get crossed in the cabinet and the only way to resolve this would be to get a engineer to look at the cabinet and home to see if there is a crossed line. Can you confirm why an engineer was not booked? Chris 

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Hi mildenhall, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service, a crossed line is when the lines get crossed in the cabinet and the only way to resolve this would be to get a engineer to look at the cabinet and home to see if there is a crossed line. Can you confirm why an engineer was not booked? Chris 

I have no idea why an engineer has not been booked. VirginMobile say it is definitely VirginMedia and VirginMedia say that it is definitely not them. Both companies are saying "not my fault" so no engineer has been booked. Is what I have described a "crossed line"? Is it simply just a fault somewhere?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear that no engineer has been booked and this would be the next step, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue is now resolved.

Thanks to @Chis_W1 for listening and believing me.

A technician came out and accepted that it was a crossed line somewhere between my house and the exchange. There is a fault on the line / wire, and occasional water seeping in from a crack somewhere which caused the crossed line to be intermittent. The technician installed a VOIP connection rather than trying to find an intermittent fault on the old fashioned copper line.

I am happy with the resolution however my initial chat with telephone support and their out-right refusal to admit that there was any fault at all, was not good.

😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mildenhall,

Thank you for your reply, I am glad this was resolved for you and that our @Chris_W1 believed in you, I do apologise for your experience with our agents over the phone

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos